help! whats this order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! whats this order?

hello everyone! sorry, if this is not where it belongs, but it looked like an order of st. john so i thought...

so could you help me? what exactly is it? its made by godet.

id like to buy it for 1000 euro.... a little more than 1000 dollars. that would be a good deal, wouldnt it?

so heres the photo:
    Last edited by fussel; 08-07-2004, 01:44 PM.

Looks like....

... a Commander's set of the Order of St. John. Actually a Protestant religious organization throughout Europe. It's not an "official" award, although it was permitted to wear in some instances. 1000- seems rather high to me....

Comment

Is it the German type? I thought they had eagles between the arms of the cross.

Comment

yes actually i have stickpins of the german ones and they all have eagles. thats the thing that confused me about it, the red star, or whateer it is, behind the cross. i couldnt find it. that antiques guy i wanna buy it from didnt find it anywhere either.
        on the other hand the maker is german and i suppose it should be german then. im definitely confused.

Comment

Save your money. It is NOT the German version, nor the Catholic one affiliated with the Vatican.

Comment

oh well, if its not german, im not gonna buy it anyway. thanks guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X