King of 1914 EK1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ,

I have an engraved 1914 EK1 to Austrian U-boat captain Rudolf Singule !
    who sank the Italian Battle Cruiser Guiseppi Garibaldi and torpedoed and badly damaged the British ship HMS Dublin . I got it cased for £ 250 ! the guy i bought it off had no idea who it was , he thought it was for a Zepplin Captain ?

Grant

Comment

Grant,

Interesting storry. I would love to see some photos of your cross if you have any available.

Comment

Hello ,

Sure , send me your Email and i,ll send the pics . the engraving on the back is :

L S Lt
        Rudolf Singule

1915 is the year he torpedoed HMS Dublin and the Guiseppi Garibaldi

I also have an image of him wearing the EK1 it was off a postcard for sale on Ebay but a guy from Hungary beat me on it ( £70 ).

Regards

Grant

Comment

Grant,

Sent you a PM.

Comment

So!
            It may not be any of my business, but did you actually pay $1500 for the cased cross? Inquiring minds want to know!

Is that why you are trying to sell a $180 'Fr' marked EK1 for $300 on the eStand?

Not trying to cause trouble, mind you...to each his own...just want to get the facts straight. Thanks very much!

Comment

Eric,

I did not pay what you suggested. I was able to work something out. As far as the EK1 on E-stand, it is one of the finest examples you are likely to see (absolutely mint condition if cleaned), and quite frankly, I would not sell if for a dime less than the price listed. I would rather have that cross than two or three others in "decent" condition. I like examples of high quality. I get bored with average pieces. They just don't do it for me. Unlike most collectors, my collection is small. My focus is on a few exceptional items. I rarely keep duplicate medals/badges, and I do not try to collect every maker of a certain award. I just want one killer example of each. That is my style, and as such, my total expenditures on this hobby are probably the same, or less, than most.
              Last edited by DasEiserneKreuz; 08-10-2004, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Eric,

No problem. I am always willing to talk to a fellow collector. Feel free to ask me anything.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X