hanseatic crosses - opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hanseatic crosses - opinion please

I'm looking to purcase these two hanseatic crosses and they look good to me, but I'd like to hear other opinions too. Thanks in advance!
    Valter
    Attached Files

The Hamburg Cross is a nice original. The other is hard to say from these pics. The feet should be red as should the tongue for it to be a period piece.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Valter,

These are very nice awards.. I am not an expert if they are real or not but it is hard to tell from the pics.

I am also not sure if there are a lot of fakes of this out there???

Thank you,
      Scott

Comment

I've been told the eagle with red feet and tongue are wartime issues, the ones with black are post war issues. I have no idea if this is true or not. Gary

Comment

Unfortunately I was outbid on these - thank you anyway for your opinions. I was also told that Luebeck eagle should have red feet and tongue, and they look red from these pics, but I'm not sure if fakers didint already find that "red secret".

Comment

Valter, I hope you find the right hanseatic cross out there!!! They are beautiful medals in my opinion.

Thank you,
            Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott! These are really nice crosses and I'm still looking for Hamburg and Lubeck. Just a few days ago this Bremen bar fled to me from e-stand. In hands it's even nicer than pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Valter Gorenc View Post
                Just a few days ago this Bremen bar fled to me from e-stand. In hands it's even nicer than pics.
                Lovely.

Comment

i think both are fine in the OP's photo. This is my Lübeck bar,also recently from the E stand

Comment

Very nice stuff Valter and Scott...

I did check ebay and saw some on there for about $90 w.o ribbon and in between and up to $200 with ribbon! Obviously that high end is a rip off!

Thank you,
                    Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X