Information on Austrian Officer wanted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information on Austrian Officer wanted?

I have a Austrian 7 place ribbon bar and corresponding medal bar. All of the medals are with the Austrain fold but they are not attached together. One of the medals is the Hindenburg Cross. I have the document for it and it is dated 15 January 1940, which makes sense. The doc is to a Reichsangestellten Wenzel Krocek. I purchased everything from his neice! She said he was a career soldier. The medals are as follows: 1. cross shaped with the FJ in the middle and a crown on top - one has red enamel in cross arms and crown, 2. Same as above with out enamel 3. Round medal with Franz Joseph picture and "Der Tapferkeit" on reverse, 4 in the shape of the EK with wreath between arms and "Vitam ET Sanvinem" in center, 5. Hindenburg Cross 6. EK shape with yellow and black ribbon with VI in middle 7. Bulkan service cross

Sorry I can not post a picture of the ribbon bar or medal bar. Can anyone tell me anything about Krocek and can someone name the medals and tell me how rare they are?
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

O'h Well!

I hadhope this guy maybe an officer, but I guess not. Nothing lost anyway. I picked this Austrian stuff up with some Third Reich stuff, DKiG, Honor Roll Clasp, etc. See my post in the Order of Battle section. Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
    Sounds like he was a Sergeant in a technical branch.

If the enamelled one is SILVER metal, that would fit a senior sergeant sort-- on red and white laddered bravery ribbon?

The other one that looks the same without enamel (gray oxidized metal?) was given for PFCs and should be the same laddered ribbon.

What size bravery medal? Silver or bronze? Should be on the same laddered ribbon as the above.

Karl Troop Cross 1917 for WW1 frontline service, red center ribbon with red and white ladders on the edges.

VI Years service cross for NCOs.

Last one is "1912 1913" with yellow ribbon with two thin black stripes near each eadge?

Sounds like someone who enlisted before the war and worked up to Zugführer-ish rank, signals, engineers, that sort of branch. The crosses you mention were given in WW1 for that sort of "at the front" service, but nor normally to infantry and so on-- and yet he got some grade of bravery medal.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X