Trapezoid Bar Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapezoid Bar Help...

Well, I've learned a lot on this forum. However, I'm at a loss at affirmatively identifying the ribbons on this guy's bar. Could the first ribbon be the Prussian Militärehrenzeichen 2. Klasse am weiß-schwarzen Band? How does that relate to his combatant EK?

Please help

Brian
    Attached Files

Close up...
    Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps so-but I thought it had swords on the bar. It is mayhap also the Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen given to NCOs after especially meritorious service or long service (pre war).
      Nice snap-glad to see it went to a good home.
      By the way, I think the last ribbon is a long service ribbon and not a centennial ribbon, which means this guy went in @1898/1900. Interesting rank too.

Comment

Jeff-

Yup, those stripes on the first ribbon could be red, making it the Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen. And, I think you're right on the fourth bar - Long Service not Centennial. What about the other two?

Brian

Comment

well, I could easily be wrong-the regs regarding LS precedence changed somewhere along the line and LS medals came 2nd sometimes-Centennials were always last. I'm rethinking and changing my mind-I think it is a centennial medal at #4 now.
          The other 2 I think are Hessian bravery (but could be the old Prussian LS schnalle/type ribbon or some other states' LS medal) and the 3rd is definetly the imperial china medal.

Comment

Remmmmmmmember: "spectrum shift."

Pr. General Decoration Silver Medal, Pr. Long Service, CHINA Medal 1900-01 (note how "dark" the yellow comes out), and 1897.

Easy when you remember that yellow and dark blue SWITCH in the old photo process.

In this case, the Long Service ribbon is that of the IX Years Service BROOCH, 1825-1913, indicating this Feldwebelleutnant left after a career enlistment before the XII Years Medal was created (1913) and is back as a dL or dR wartime warrant officer.

Very nice indeed.

Comment

Excellent info, guys. Thanks so much. I would have never thought the 3rd ribbon was for China Service. The yellow really fooled me - through me on the Centennial as well.

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X