Corps Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corps Map

I found this map in Major Menzel’s 1914-1915 edition. I didn’t think that much of it as I have several garrison maps. But then I saw that the corps boundaries are included. I’ve been looking into recruiting and regiments so this was really helpful in this detail and color. I thought I would share it. If you want a bigger better copy I’d have to email it to you. There are probably lots of these around just hadn’t seen color with corps.

A close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, I just got my 14-15 Menzel today and the only map is a b&w foldout of the 3 fronts. Were there different editions?

Comment

I don't know. Good question but I don't think so. This is the back page foldout. I know he did an annual one so perhaps there was a late 14? I think these qwere done by recruiting year. I also have been told that MAJ Menzel was imaginary like Dr. Schol or something.

Comment

Could be. The calendar in the back of mine goes from Oct. 1914 to Sept. 1916. How about yours?

Comment

Tom,
            Jahrgang 1914-1915 Identical calendar, Edited by Eckart von Wurmb Oberstleutnant un Kammandeur der Unterofficerschule in Wezlar. There are more than 176 pages and about 10 color plates to include uniforms and medals. Cool book. Sort of a handbook for those going into service for those years. Perhaps a year group was called early for 1914 and thus another shorter issue? I'm guessing. Extremely high prices are paid on eBay for books without half this color and information. Not bad for an inexpensive reference. I wish I knew what all the answers were. For some reason I have seen the 1908 version go for 3 timesa as much. I have no clue why.

Comment

Aaargh 168 pages plus appendix, no color plates no medals Everybody's got nice stuff but me Oh, well, it was cheap

Comment

Sorry Tom, plates are ready just tell me which email!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X