Interesting China AND Venezuela COMPLETE Group On Kube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting China AND Venezuela COMPLETE Group On Kube

If somebody with the just finished Kube auction catalog could post a scan of Lot 314 (Medal bar, Old Style and M1915 ribbon bars, and minis-chain, including "Venezuela 1902-03") we can discuss. I know where it is going to live... though not at MY house!

Quite a strange and fascinating combination for discussion, with a color scan if that can be posted! Thanks!

Its nice, huh?
    Attached Files

Comment

Oooooooyeah! Thanks Gerd!

Now, this one has kept the new owner AND me bothered for some time now.

We've been through the "usual suspects," trying to find a NAVAL recipient. No such luck. I even found a civilian contract surgeon who WAS in both China and Venezuela-- and it ain't him neither!

The Venezuela allied blockade was a NAVAL operation (German and other European ships bombarding coastal fortifications over unpaid debt etc) so this one is...

driving us crazy!

Comment

Rick, whats the cross hidden under the red-eagle and the Colonial-medal on that mini-chain?

Awesome group

Thanks

Gerd

Comment

here is the group again... I already showed it a one week ago on this very forum.

ciao,

Claudio
          Attached Files

Comment

The mini-chain...

Gerd,

The cross below (covered) by the RAO4kl. seems to be a Ehrenkreuz f. Kriegsteilnehmer (Hindenburg's honor cross without swords), but I am not so sure...

Ciao,

Claudio
            Attached Files

Comment

I didn't see your earlier thread, Claudio!

Yup. That's what it is-- so...

a NONcombatant Hindenburg...

with a Schuamburg-Lippe on COMBATANT ribbon!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

On a closer look... The Hindenburg was attached later, like it seems.

Comment

Hi,

who had th 4000,- EUr to buy it....

Do you know the wearer Rick???? vEgvR.....

Werner

Comment

I have been asked to pass along

BIG WET SLOPPY KISSES

to Werner,

George von Einem gennant von Rothmaler,
                      born 27 July 1878 Erfurt, died between 1939-1960
                      Imperial German Navy 12 April 1898 to 1908/09
                      Leutnant zur See 13.9.01
                      Oberleutnant zur See 28.3.03 Nn
                      Kapitänleutnant zur See 30.3.08 K

1900-1902 on Midshipmen's sea cruising S.M.S. Hansa (China)
                      1902-05
                      1905 Adjutant, Schiffsjungen Division
                      1908 I. Matrosen Artillerie Abteilung

Mecklenburg Griffin-Knight before 1905. Lifesaving Medal 1905-08. His Orders Almanac entry INCORRECTLY lists an 1897 Centenary Medal*

Adjutant and Chief of Staff, Volunteer Motor Boat Corps August 1914-November 1915 as KaptLt zS aD

1928 Board of Directors, Automobile Owners Protection Association, Hamburg
                      1935 Representative of the German Consumers Society, Berlin
                      1939 "self-employed businessman" Berlin-Wilmersdorf

Died as KaptLt zS aD, leaving widow Charlotte (born 4.6.97) alive 1963.

He was very possibly the son of Generaloberst aD and former Prussian War Minister Karl von Einem gen. v. Rothmaler (1853-1934) but have not been able to confirm that.

*And since this IS a Small World After All, here is a ribbon bar worn by George's Crew 1898 mate and fellow "Hansa" midshipman in China, char. Fregattenkapitän zS aD/Luftwaffe Flak Oberst aD Thilo von Lattorff. This is formerly from the Don Frailey Collection (and long ago after a couple of owners now in mine)-- the rest of the von Lattorff group will now be displayed alongside von Einem's.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Red Eagle Order 4th Class in this group was awarded 10 April 1909 to "Kapitänleutnant zS aD" von Einem gen. von Rothmaler.

He won his Lifesaving Medal in 1907.

Pieces of the puzzle continue to arrive... from all over thanks to the hlobal net of researchers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X