X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, excellent addition Greg

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
      Thanks Trevor! I believe now we can say that with 1870 crosses we have type A, B & C's!
      Wonderful info
      Appreciate it a ton!
      Greg

Gentlemen,

May I ask a couple of impertinant if not important questions to consider?

With about 1400 plus or minus a few 1870 EKIs originally awarded, how many different types and how many replacement pieces would logically suffice to supply every awardee with duplicate crosses? Or from another angle of thought..... When do all these numerous types and manufacturors quit being 'replacement' pieces and turn into museum or display pieces with no real historic attachment to a soldier?

Just some thoughts.

All the best,

Tony
      An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Hi Tony

I know what you're saying here, but i think this type of cross does deserve its inclusion as a bona-fide jubilee era piece, which coming 20 or so years after wars end, would imo qualify it as potentially worn by franco-prussian war recipients.

The crosses under discussion in this thread (whether they are called C types, replacement pieces or whatever) are 'AWS' manufactured and do have period catalogue references.

Of interest - you own one of the nicest non-com 'C' types I've seen!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...5&postcount=33

Best regards my friend!

Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
          Gentlemen,

May I ask a couple of impertinant if not important questions to consider?

With about 1400 plus or minus a few 1870 EKIs originally awarded, how many different types and how many replacement pieces would logically suffice to supply every awardee with duplicate crosses? Or from another angle of thought..... When do all these numerous types and manufacturors quit being 'replacement' pieces and turn into museum or display pieces with no real historic attachment to a soldier?

Just some thoughts.

All the best,

Tony
          I think Tony,,,, your absolutely right ..

that is wy I started looking fore period advertisement ,,

and found Paul KĂĽst advertisement selling ek1870's around 1914 Deutscher offiziers verein selling 1870's in 1902

drawings on the advertisement looking closely resembling deumer as well as AWS in some way .

so there is a small possibility some attachment to a soldier is possible,,,,,,

nothing Moore ,,
          but in the end they all turn up being priced as originals ,,,,

and seen as legitimate Originals,,,

possible ending up in musea's distorting history ...

as it is going on here .

there are no differences here to what is coming out off the hands off a soldier and replacements and patriotic ek's Or even Fake in some cases .

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 04-10-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Kay, I think we have some serious students of EK history on this site, who will make sure that this does not happen. And regarding the previous post about any of these crosses being attributable, I have no doubts that my example did belong to Generalleutnant von Floeckher, dating that piece to an earlier period than what was normally considered correct.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
              Kay, I think we have some serious students of EK history on this site, who will make sure that this does not happen. And regarding the previous post about any of these crosses being attributable, I have no doubts that my example did belong to Generalleutnant von Floeckher, dating that piece to an earlier period than what was normally considered correct.
              There is no doubt about your cross Vince
              A wonderful cross & a great find!
              Greg

Comment

Here is another stunning group to a von Henninges with the AWS type EK1. Actually I would be interested to know von Henninges' death date, and any other info, if anyone has some or can look it up.

My thanks to my friend Andreas for use of this photo, his site medalnet and his new Facebook page (HERE) where this photo is from.

Anyway, how's this for a group?
                Attached Files
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post

27/11/1891 Generalleutnant von Flöckher dies ...
                  his inheritances go's to Dr. jur. Adolph Wilhelm Georg Gottfried vonFlöckher...by then so .....

dating the cross earlier then 1891 . if it is the original set-up..

have no problem with that <<<????

regards kay

Comment

and the ek1 here shown is wonderful as I said earlier in this thread .

regards kay

Comment

WoW! What a group Trevor
                      Thanks!
                      Greg

Comment

Holy crap Trevor, I just about hit the floor looking at that group.That guy must have had some serious connections at the Russian court to merit that diamond bling.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                          Hi Tony

I know what you're saying here, but i think this type of cross does deserve its inclusion as a bona-fide jubilee era piece, which coming 20 or so years after wars end, would imo qualify it as potentially worn by franco-prussian war recipients.

The crosses under discussion in this thread (whether they are called C types, replacement pieces or whatever) are 'AWS' manufactured and do have period catalogue references.

Of interest - you own one of the nicest non-com 'C' types I've seen!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...5&postcount=33

Best regards my friend!

Marshall

Thank you Marshall,

As you once so aptly put it, I'm just 'throwing the cat in among the pigeons'. Retorically of course. ;-)

By the way, thanks for your help on the item Greg posted to you. Much appreciated old friend.

All the best,

Tony
                          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X