Officer Medal Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer Medal Group

Hi Guys, back from a wonderful time in Charleston for the CSS Hunley event. My end of holiday prize is a new Wurtt. Officer bar here for your review. An entire section of Wurttemberg must have moved to St. Petersberg, Fl considering the Wurtt. groups I've found there. Best,
    Attached Files

close up of the orders. The backing of the bar is dark green.
    Attached Files

Comment

Niiice medal bar!!!!

25 long service cross, so I see a chance to find him in the Reichswehr.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

I like it when people take productive vacations. That is a very nice bar!

Comment

GREAT BAR!!!!!!

Comment

This is unfortunately NOT a unique awards combination. Two Reichsheer officers had this combination-- the WW2 Generals Karl Allmendinger and Konrad von Alberti.

Either or both of them might be excluded by Glenn and Bernhard if their portraits in the Biblio army generals' biographies shows their ribbon bars.

Most but not all officers with a WW1 Austro-Hungarian decoration also apllied for the inter-war WW1 Commemorative Medals from Austria and Hungary. Absence of same here, and of any 1938 "flowers campaign" awards could strike either/both of the above if they DID have those additional awards.

One thing is certain-- from the WF3bX, this was a YOUNG officer whose "25" was in from pre-1914 on in continuous service, not a 1920 retiree with an XXV updated to the Wehrmacht type as (E) or zV.

But it is entirely possible that this man served in the Police during the Weimar years, and rejoined the army in 1935 (thus never appearing in Rank Lists) to become an Oberst or WW2 General.

Comment

Rick, thanks for the insight, hope someone can come up with pics to see if this was someone who later rose to rank of General. No matter, his group is still welcomed in my case. Many thanks,

Bobby

Comment

Rick,

I think it is Alberti..... I have a pic of him (from the Die Generale des Heer series) and it shows his full ribbon bar (I'll post later today once I scan it from work).... The only question is.... The second ribbon on his bar has a device on it (not swords though).. so I'm not sure.....

Post will come later... stay turned ..same time... same channel !

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

Fantastic medal-bar Congrats to this beauty, Bobby.

best,
                  Gerd

PS: Still searching for a ranklist for you.

Comment

General Alberti

Here he is... sorry the scans are not the greatest...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alberti's bar

and a close up of the bar....

So.. what is the device on the second ribbon ??
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, the device on the ribbon bar is a wreath which was used to denote the MVO instead of the Bravery Medal which also used the same ribbon. It would not be used on the medal bar as the Order was there to see. I think you may have it. I will need to thank the fellow who sold it to me as neither he or I suspected it could be a Generals group. Any other observations that would suggest an alternative owner of the group? Many thanks Mark for your photo.

Best regards,
                        Bobby

Comment

Bingo!!!!

Notice that he has continued wearing a pre-1938 ribbon bar into the war-- EK2 Spange being worn. So Alberti (Generalmajor 1.4.43 #25) did NOT have anything else.

The bar COULD still belong to an as-yet unknown Wehrmacht-via-Police officer, but the odds have just improved dramatically that this WAS Alberti's, since he has NOT added the usual Commemorative clutter. "Under-dressing" was something less done than OVERdressing.

Comment

This is getting better by the post!

Comment

I don't have the army generals' Biblio bios, so only have Keilig's 1958 paragraph-apiece to go by, but Alberti had a VERY strange WW2 career.

He was commander of IInd Battalion/Inf Rgt 50 12.10.37 to first month of the war, then became CO of Inf Rgt 284 24.9.39.

But he then went straight into occupation commandant slots (I wish there was a list of where these numbers WERE! ) at

Feldkommandantur 580 10.11.39

and

Feldkommandantur 240 17.7.41-30.5.42

He then commanded Grenadier Regiment 179 for all of six months, 20 June 1942 to 18 January 1943... but wherever that unit was then, he chalked up (quite oddly) an Ehrenblattspange, being named on the "roll" 28 March 1943 for action as CO of the regiment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X