Favorite Cased 1914 EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Cased 1914 EK2

Thought I would share perhaps my favorite 1914 EK2 which I think is marked Godet. Its simply beautiful and I have never seen one aged like this. I wouldnt mind seeing your favorite cased EK2 here
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lee,
          That's a really nice looking cased set. I like the look of the wear to the
          core and frame.

I believe your cross is an "R".

check it against these------

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=347281

Comment

Hey Lee, here's one of my "G" marked rings to compare.
            Greg
            EK II 1914 Godet mm G 030.jpg

Comment

Thanks for setting me streight guys, I think your right Greg I have another clearly marked R and G in my collection and I think it looks more like the R. I will be the first to admit Im not the best at pointing out the core differences in EKs. Soon after I started collecting EKs I started focusing on EK1s more and Im afraid my 2's have been a little neglected on the shelf I think when I bought this it was advertised as a Godet and I never questioned it or compared it to my other EKs (MY BAD)

Comment

Lee, what is the provenance on your case? I've never seen one like it, and the device on the lid is something I've only seen on stick-pins.

Comment

That's a beautiful set Lee

Here's my favorite...a CD800 to Infanterie-Regiment Alt-Württemberg (3. Württembergisches) Nr. 121
                  Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely magnificent RoyA I like that setup and a CD800 too

Lee, what is the provenance on your case? I've never seen one like it, and the device on the lid is something I've only seen on stick-pins.
                    I think I bought this one off German ebay a long time ago. I usually get my stuff from flömarkt,ebay, or private buy. I have seen so many different EK2 etui that its hard to remember them all but I think one that Ive seen the most is the plain black with latch instead of push button case. There are a few however that keep popping up on ebay that I dont like.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X