New photo of Werner Voss - signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New photo of Werner Voss - signed

Note: High resolution prints will probably soon come available for the entire collection. Please contact the Ken Hemmerling - listed below for more information concerning prints.

This is an extremely rare photograph. I have seen this picture in Fokker DR I Triplane: A World War One Legend, but not as clear and not signed by Werner Voss.

It is a signed photo of Werner Voss in an F.I 103/17 Fokker Triplane. It is NOT a Sanke card. It is 4 ¼ inches long and 3 inches tall.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

It comes from the personal collection of Guido Scheffer – a Jasta 11 pilot. It is the only photo of its kind in the collection as well. Other members included the Red Baron(See photo). Guido’s grandson is in possession of his grandfather’s entire collection – it has not passed hands out of the family. <o></o>

<o></o>

Consider what makes this photo so unique and sought for:<o></o>

<o></o>
    • Werner Voss flew F.I 103/17 for only one month before he was killed on this aircraft in one of the most famous and controversial aerial battles to take place during WWI. He was the second highest scoring living ace at the time. Many experts would say he was better than Richthofen and would have easily surpassed him if he had lived. Voss ended up with 48 kills, ten of which were scored on this aircraft. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    • The photo is large, it's clear without major flaws, and very dramatic. This may be the best photo in existance of F.I 103/17. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    • Most importantly Voss himself is in the cockpit with the motor running ready to take off.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    • The provenance of the photo... it was taken by (or at least in the private collection of) a JG 1 pilot. This aircraft is one of the most talked-about aircraft of WWI.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    • The signature "W.Voß Jasta 10" is his. That one thing in itself greatly increases the value.<o></o>
    <o></o>

The photo can also be viewed at the following site.<o></o>

http://204.83.160.230/archive/scheffer/1917.Fok103.17_Voss.Jasta10_kh.jpg<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

Look at the other photo’s in Guido Scheffer’s collection. (Scroll down the page until you see Guido Scheffer Collection)<o></o>

http://204.83.160.230/archive/b/archive4.htm#kgs<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

For more information, contact Ric Scheffer(Guido Scheffer’s grandson) in Canada, BC. <o></o>

Make sure you put the Country code(for Canada) as a pre-fix.<o></o>

<o></o>

Phone number : (250)782-2319<o></o>

E-mail him at: ricscheffer@hotmail.com<o></o>

<o></o>

You can also direct e-mails through Ken Hemmerling who is Ric Scheffer’s brother-in-law. Ken Hemmerling is assisting Ric Scheffer with the photographs and has been in contact with many people about the authenticity of these photos. <o></o>

Ken_hemmerling@telus.net<o></o>
    Last edited by kurtis; 04-18-2004, 08:47 AM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
X