Dr. von Goeldel information wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. von Goeldel information wanted!

I've been unsuccessfully trying to find any info on an SA Standartenführer medical doctor (in 1936) from group Kurpfalz named 'Dr. von Goeldel' on the tailor label of a tunic (tunic is a Holters). I had Bob McDivitt check his sources but nothing was found.
    I realized he might have been an officer in the army in WWI if he was an SA Standartenführer/medical doctor in 1936. Can any of you Imperial wizards look in your magic books and see if there's any info about a Dr. von Goeldel?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated! And don't worry--the tunic is not for sale so I'm not trying to research it for material gain!
    Thanks in advance,
    Erich
    Last edited by Erich; 03-27-2004, 11:56 AM. Reason: grammer
    Festina lente!

NEVER fear Erich. Unlike SOME people , you are on the Good List!

What kind of award loops are on there? If you've got little to none, then I suspect you have a young guy, early 30s and too young to have served in WW1.

The ONLY von Göldel (spelled with the unlaut ö not oe, until 1939) that I could find at ALL was Otto (born 1886), a career officer in Infantry Regiment 28, Police under the Weimar Republic, and back into the army, ending up as a Generalmajor in 1941.

I checked the WW1 Honor Rank List, 1914 Prussian Rank List, NAVY Honor Rank List, the WW1 Heldengedenkmappe (no von G's killed in WW1), 1935 "Wer Ist's?", 1939 Stellenliste, and Keilig's 1958 "Generale."

Comment

Doktor

Wow, that has to be a world speed record for information!
      That's a definite possibility--there are many loops! There are 6 loops for a ribbon/medal bar (I put a double furled 6 ribbon bar on it and it's too short!) and loops for 4 badges on the breast pocket.
      Is there any indication that von Göldel was a doctor or had any medical connections?
      Thanks again!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

von Göldel/Goeldel

Also, I just checked and saw that IR 28 was based in Koblenz, which would make sense for a Kurpfalz SA tunic--Koblenz would be in the SA Hesse group, but is just north of the Kurpfalz group area. So, if this isn't the same man, he is probably related to Otto.
        Is there a listing of doctors/military doctors from Imperial days? Assuming that he was a doctor before joining the service.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

The Good Doctor --

Erich; Is there any hard evidence he was a medical doctor? Us Teuts do like our professional titles; Germans are/were much more likely to put a non-MD Dr. into their street name. The CO of the unit I am writing about was "Major der Landwehr Dr. Reddemann", and although he was a published scientist it turns out that his doctorate was in Law! A family friend went by the handle of "Dr. Dr. Bergmann-Gorski", as he had two doctorates.

Bob Lembke

Comment

Herr Doktor

Hello Bob,
            In this case, yes. The SA wore a 'Lebensrune' on the sleeve with various shaped backings to denote different medical specialties. In this case, the tunic has the bullion Lebensrune on an oval backing, which would signify that he was a medical doctor.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

NO other von Göldel/Goeldel at all turns up other than the General, and this couldn't have belonged to him. Has to be the same family though.

There were no other von Gs in all those sources, leaving only a wartime 2nd Lt dR/dL as an "invisible" possibility. There is no list of wartime-commissioned Prussian "Leutnant" reservists except for the listing of those who were killed.

As an M.D. he was probably an Assistenarzt dR or possibly der Landwehr, but he appears nowhere in official sources, unless he was a non-officer civil servant, and I don't have civil Lists.

Comment

Herr Doktor

Thanks so much for checking! It would make sense that he may have been a Lt of the Reserve. I really appreciate the help and work!
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X