Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini medal bar

Hi,

After period of time, well traveled mini medal bar came back to my home!

Maybe you guys have some more information about the awards on it and help me again to "read it".

First at all, it is pitty that the imperial Russia St.Anne order is missing on it but there is nothing to do. If you see one on sale somewhere, what would suite here, please let me know.

1. Golden Medal of Württemberg Friedrich Order (? ? ?)
    2. Württemberg Civilian Merit Medal
    3. Württemberg Long Service Cross (15 years?)
    4. Imperial Russia St.Anne Order
    5. 1870/71 Franco-Prussian War Noncombatants Medal
    6. 1897 Centenary Medal

Can you guys plase confirm first medal correct name? Also I am not sure about the Long Service Cross - how many years service this cross indicate?

On the St.Anne's ribbon, there was actually as well one of very very nice replacement - pfennig!

Okey, some extra points about this one.

First medal is Medal of Württemberg Friedrich Order! It was awarded just in "gold"

The long service award is a Dienstehrenzeichen 2nd class, awarded to NCOs for 21 years of service. With "K" for King Karl as awarded between 1864 and 1891 - scarce one!

(thanks to Wild Card and Sascha)

1. How many times Württemberg Friedrich Order Medal was awarded during this period (aprox 1870-1914)?

Is any materials/lists exist about that medal? I presume it is not most common one.

2. Like I understand Württemberg is not very well researched?

Haven't heard much about the research potential about this State. Of course my bar is some kind ex NCO/Beamter anyway.

3. Any idea or quess about the owner's position/work?

Like I understand, he was in the Army as a career NCO (Long Service cross - thanks Sascha for clarification! ). Meantime looks like (or am I wrong), he wasn't involved directly to the Franco Prussian war because the noncombatant Franco-Prussian war medal.
    Also he probably had some kind a weird government work, etc. Also pointing out that he had more likely civilian role, shows Württemberg Civil Merit Medal and later on 1897 Centenary Medal. Am I correct?

Now, the Imperial Russian ribbon..... like I understand, two last medals from Prussia is there because owner of this set considered Prussia as a "foreign" as well. Probably was more common 19 century? Now, to keep the awards "in order" on the bar, then orders should be first. So, I think it was put together this way:

1. Württemberg awards
    2. "Foreign" order
    3. "Foreign" German States

Most common Russian award on St.Anne's ribbon was Medal for Zeal but it came more "popular" after Nikolai II coronation (26th May 1896). Again, almost after that point, Prussian awards should "move" front of the St.Anne ribbon. As well military awards or awards for Army personell was awarded mainly with the St.Stanislaus ribbon, so it can't be anything from earliest service period.

It is my few ideas but as I said before - I can be wrong in this point.

If some more experienced collector can approve something else, I would love to hear it. At the moment I quess that this should be St.Anne order for Württemberger as a civil award.

Comment

I don't think there's much more to add here apart from... Nice mini bar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X