Wurtt Officer Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wurtt Officer Group

Hello Fellows, Last January I listed a thread about a group of awards I had picked up from the family of Haupt. Otto Stumpf of the Wurttemberg Army. I have finally gotten around to doing the scans. Many thanks to Rick Lundstrom and Jan for their kind assistance. Here is his mounted group as of May 1918. He earned the Bavarian MVO in Sept. 1914 and the Wurtt. Friedrich Order Dec. 1914. He was awarded the Wurtt. MVO in May 1918 and was severely wounded again shortly after, dying of his wounds on 15 Nov. 1918. The Bavarian MVO has a Gold center and the Wurtt. FO is Gold. The Wurtt. Reserve Cross 1<SUP>st</SUP> class is quite scarce.
    Attached Files

Here is his cased Wurtt. MVO in silver-gilt. Never mounted on his bar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Obverse of the MVO
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the IC 1<SUP>st</SUP>, wound badge in Silver, NOK cross and Wurtt. Reserve award 2<SUP>nd</SUP> class
        Attached Files

Comment

The reverse of the IC 1st is marked ‘KO’ below the catch and is etched ‘Hauptm. Stumpf 242 I. Div.’ I also got his Wurtt. Model 89 Officer sword with presentation blade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the cases for the IC and FO.
            Attached Files

Comment

An exceptionally beautiful group!

His selection of what we normally take to be, and call, the "naval" style ribbon bar is interesting-- he can't have been alone in that Fashion Statement. No wonder we run into trying to ID groups sometimes!

Comment

Here is a mini NOK Honor Cross which has been worn a bit. It is even smaller than the standard mini.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the second group of awards that came with the group. They are unidentified and the family was not sure but thought they were Haupt. Stumpf’s fathers (Oskar Stumpf). 1870 IC w/25 year oakleaves, WW I Wilhelm cross (blank reverse), Medal to the Order of Friedrich, Centenary Medal and 1870 campaign. The bar has silver border bars on both ends of the bar, never seen that before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hers is a second 1870 campaign medal, a mini 1870 IC and a French St. Helene medal (1821) which was also in the box of goodies. The French Medal may have been a war pick-up.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of the ribbon and medal bars.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hope you enjoy these half as much as I have been thrilled to acquire them. Still looking for more on this Officer including any photos.

Best regards,

Bobby lee

Comment

Must have been his father's. What a nice group. Very very nice to see.

Comment

Great Groupings, Bobby! Thank you very much for sharing them!
                            Antti

Comment

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, Haupt. Stumpf was from Stuttgart so if any of you are near there and have the time, perhaps the newspaper archives that have survived may have his death notice or even a photo. I REALLY would like o see this fellow!

Many thanks,
                              Bobby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X