No announcement yet.

S&L Showroom circa 1940/1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems there has to be a catalog or two or ten printed...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
      It seems there has to be a catalog or two or ten printed...
      This is what I don't understand. Did the institution of the LDO, in essence, put an end to catalogs? Does anyone have a catalog from any company post-1941?

Comment

Originally posted by leroy View Post
        this is what i don't understand. Did the institution of the ldo, in essence, put an end to catalogs? Does anyone have a catalog from any company post-1941?
        good question.

Comment

Pictures were made in March/April 1941 in the commercial building "Specks Hof" in Leipzig, 3rd floor, room 516 during the Leipzig-spring-exhibition.

Regards
          CSForrester
          Attached Files

Comment

...and here a nice description of the showroom:
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you CSForrester for looking through the Uniformenmarkt to find out, where and when this display was set up.

Regards

jaeger7-de

Comment

Great research job! Thank you, CSForrester!

Comment

".... near the entrance were the badges for the "Tag der Wehrmacht" (22. und 23. Maerz 1941) presented, and these twelve badges, made from Trulitol ..........show soldiers from all arms, army, navy and airforce. We see dive-bomber, heavy bomber, heavy Flak, heavy cruiser, anti-tank-gun, sail-training ship "GorchFock" ......."

and here they are:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can someone provide an accurate translation of the entire article? (I'm trying, but that old typeface drives me nuts!) Might be some answers there...........

Comment

Great research CSForrester!

Comment

Thank you, Markus
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi,
                          These pics are very informatives. I don't know if S&L produced the LC Pz badge because I don't know S&L marked badges, and I never seen a post 1940 catalog. What I can say is that this badge was officially instituted in July 1939 and the documents were signed in 1940. This could explain that the badge didn't appear in the 1939 and 1940 catalogs. It could be interesting to see a 1941 catalog of this firm. in another hand, the spanish cross on the display stand is in a "Klappetui" case, which seems to be green. The green cases I know are stamped LDO on the top lid and of course dated after the institution of the LDO in 1941.
                          jacques

Originally posted by Les View Post
                          There's a Condor Legion Badge in the same case with the PlM. Look at the Observer flight badge in the upper left hand corner, and then look slightly to the right and downwards (roughly 4th hour position on the clock).

Can we have any remarks on the Condor Legion badge kept to another, more relevant part of the forum?

Jim, I noticed the lack of glass also. Glass plays havoc with photos, but keeping everything out in the open results in dust collecting on exposed surfaces, and keeping everything clean could be a problem unless the display was only intended for a short term.

Comment

Jacques,
                            I believe the last catalog now that we know of for S&L seems to be the one which may have come out in the first quarter of 1941 (based on a March 1, 1941 start-up date for the LDO and the fact that the catalog mentions S&L's "L 16" assignment). This is the version seen from both Dietrich and on GCA (although GCA refers to it as the "1940" catalog). There is no actual date on the catalog itself. I know that this one shows Spanish Crosses, but I don't believe it shows a Condor Legion Tank Badge. Perhaps Dietrich, if he has one with all the pages, could confirm that. One thing I noticed in the 1939 catalog, which I have, is that S&L, in addition to the "bound pages", also had an "add-in" extra page, which is just inserted. No idea if they repeated that practice for new items in the last catalog.
                            Did you see the SK with the very prominent center? I'm very curious about that one.
                            Regards,
                            Leroy

Comment

No matter what is stated at CGA the catalog is from post March 1, 1941. There is not LCTB in it, but the Spanish Cross is.
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thank you, Dietrich. Looks like, between the date of this exhibition, the advertisement for Doehle's book in the catalog, the mention of the "L 16" designation, and the LDO official date of March, 1941, there was a "push" to promote this program early in the year.

I am still wondering, as I mentioned before, if manufacturers just stopped issuing catalogs after 1941. Have you, Dietrich, ever seen a post-1941 catalog from any maker?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X