S&L Showroom circa 1940/1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
    Is it a sales catalog or a this is what we make catalog?

'This is what we make'!

You don't get new Fords in a BMW dealership catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
      Is that the S&L catalogue? If so, QED IMHO.
      Yes. And there are no SS-Dienstauszeichnungen in the P&L catalog!
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

So then, whom was supplying whom?
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Assuming S&L was fully licensed to both manufacture and sell all items would it really make sense for them to produce low density items vice acquiring a few from one of the known manufacturers? How would one know that the LCTB was not made by S&L? They are not marked.
          Tada! They also didn't make Luftwaffe badges. And didn't try to display any here that I can see... An interesting omission.

Also, I'm thinking this is not a 'show'. Painting your name on the wall at a show doesn't seem reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
            Yes. And there are no SS-Dienstauszeichnungen in the P&L catalog!

This is from the P&L catalogue.................I thought you had a copy.

See Post #13 here...................

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=petz+lorenz
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
              They also didn't make Luftwaffe badges. And didn't try to display any here that I can see... An interesting omission.
              Excellent point!

Comment

OK..............this is 70 years on.

But S&L still describe themselves as 'Manufacturers', not 'Dealers/Sellers'.

http://www.steinlueck.de/index.php?rubrik=startseite

IMHO, everything in these 1940 photos was made by them.

Comment

So then, whom was supplying whom?
                  S&L was supplying S&L.

Comment

They had a showroom, they were also sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                      This is from the P&L catalogue.................I thought you had a copy.
                      Yes, i have one! The page was mixed up ... Sorry...
                      Attached Files
                      B&D PUBLISHING
                      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                        Marcus, could you show us a comparison of the short term first pattern LDO next to a later pattern to see the difference? Blurry and from 7 feet would be helpful

Something that bothers me is the presence of the China Denkmunze. Was it still a legally worn award after Japan became an allie?

Have a little faith in old Marcus

What I believe is shown in the picture are some of the incipient LDO boxes with their awards. The three examples to the far right on the bottom shelf I suspect are the following: Black wound badge, West Wall and possibly an RAD medal. Which would coincide with initial intentions announced in adverts/literature around the time of the first quarter in 1941.

I can basically further identify several other of the cases relating to LDO which distinctively are first series: such as with the (I think I can make it out) KVK1 in a white based hard shell case. Which again, would conform to LDO stipulations at a time. And the sleeve boxes which catered for Spangen and ''Flower War'' medals...etc. (colour dependant)

It is possible the picture was taken in the latter part of 1940, but the same could be very well said with more conviction perhaps (if we take for granted with what little is known as some premise base of a foundation) of an earlier duration in 1941; in my opinion that is. I don't honestly know and it's every mans educated guess really.

To the left is a first series, first pattern logo (type 1) LDO box, intended for the BWB, West Wall and RAD medals - note semi circular void and the dimensions i.e just larger than the second series types.

On the right is a second series, second pattern logo (type 2. 2, blue) LDO box, intended for the BWB and Spangen.

KR

Marcus
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MH184; 02-05-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Is this an RK of the KVK?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think it is, yes. I've never seen or heard of such a case for one of those, Leroy!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's a better picture to view the sleeve cartons and it looks like there could be any of the permitted medals in there (grey carton/box): Social Welfare, Police 8 Year or the Mine Rescue medal, but not any Spangen on this occasion.

However, this is only one of the sleeve type of boxes and the colours of such would have a sense of purpose.

KR

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                                Well, I call it being really cautious, ...

I wonder who this guy is? Obviously not new to WAF and likely an existing member incognito for some reason, or like I said, maybe someone with alterior motives.

Well Darrell, for sure this guy is someone who has put you on his ignore-list...

jaeger7-de

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X