WMS Variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WMS Variations

The big s***house, #111, arrived today courtesy of one of our members. It came in an impressive case, but the thing that struck me most was the detail of the core. I pulled up the scan of my other WMS for comparison Besides the sharper details there are a raft of other differences. The crowns are entirely different, the oakleaves, the width of the frame, and the square "teat" on the one I already had ( on the left ). I have a hunch this latest edition is an earlier production. Any comments?
    Attached Files

Is that the one that was my "fault"? I dont know if I am right but I have always assumed that the better the core detail is, the earlier the cross.

Comment

And the case. The ribbon is tacked onto 3-4 layers of funky felt like that used in late war canteen covers, much more grey than it appears in the scan, with a velvet top layer. The bottom insert is 3 pieces of wood with the velvet tacked on by teeniny brass brads. The lining of the bottom half of the case itself is pebbled glossy paper.The hinge is spring loaded so it pops open when you push the catch.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats a nice combination you got there, Tom, never seen anything quite like it before..
        Antti

Comment

Deserves a nice Monty Burns "ex-cellent"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X