• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine/Naval Pilot's Badge

[ATTACH]1375058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1375060[/ATTACH]

Comment

No naval pilot badge. It's the naval retired badge for pilots/observers.
      Please pictures from the front.

Regards Alex

Comment

Hi Guys, I have been told that this is a commemorative naval/marine pilot's badge. Marked with an "800" and what looks like an Imperial eagle. I was also told it might be 1930's maunufactor. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I searched past threads and couldn't come up with any info.
        Thanks!!
        Greg

Marine Pilots 004.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
          Hi Guys, I have been told that this is a commemorative naval/marine pilot's badge. Marked with an "800" and what looks like an Imperial eagle. I was also told it might be 1930's maunufactor. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I searched past threads and couldn't come up with any info.
          Thanks!!
          Greg
          Not only for pilots.

Regards

Comment

Thanks...should I have it my pilot's badge collection or???

Comment

The MM is in fact a splay of three oak leaves,unknown maker but seen on other pieces too, (Hamburg Hanseatic cross and several other pieces) I would certainly say post war piece ,even as late as 1940's. I think ' Jaba' means that it was given to pilots and observers in the marine flying corp. Ferg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
                The MM is in fact a splay of three oak leaves,unknown maker but seen on other pieces too, (Hamburg Hanseatic cross and several other pieces) I would certainly say post war piece ,even as late as 1940's. I think ' Jaba' means that it was given to pilots and observers in the marine flying corp. Ferg1.
                Thanks Ferg1,,,so a medal made pre-1945 for naval/marine pilot/observers not active in the Luft?
                Thanks again!!

Comment

It probably would have been worn by a veteran from the Imperial German marine flying corp post WW1 . The detail is not as sharp as a period example and with that needle pin would IMO be a later piece.
                  Ferg1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
                    It probably would have been worn by a veteran from the Imperial German marine flying corp post WW1 . The detail is not as sharp as a period example and with that needle pin would IMO be a later piece.
                    Ferg1.
                    Got it! Thanks again Ferg 1!!!!!

Comment

This badge was awarded to navy pilots and observer who not longer belong to tha naval aviation corps if there had a duty of 3 years. The first award was on 21.05.1917 to Korv.Kpt. Schnell.

Regards Alex

Comment

Originally posted by jaba-the-hunt View Post
                        This badge was awarded to navy pilots and observer who not longer belong to tha naval aviation corps if there had a duty of 3 years. The first award was on 21.05.1917 to Korv.Kpt. Schnell.

Regards Alex
                        Thanks Alex, so I'll keep in my pilot's badge collection!
                        Greatly appreciate all the great help!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X