WW1 Panzer Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Panzer Badge

Not really my area, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Kyle
    Attached Files

That one has a GOOD chance.

What's the back like?

Comment

I'm assuming this is it: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=391648
      pseudo-expert

Comment

There are 3 seperate posts showing 3 seperate pictures of this badge. I guess the member did not realize how to post pictures in one thread. No big deal. I do not know much about these but this one looks like it has nice detail and quality construction. The mark looks like Meybauer as does the pin. Again, these are just my casual observations.

Comment

But the catch here is that the obverse design shown above is attributed to Juncker. Meybauer had their own design.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks to you all

Apologies for the seperate threads , for whatever reason I was unable to senf all three together.As Don states , as per everything nowadays, there are good fakes does this one stand up ?
            Cheers Kyle

Comment

I sometimes wonder if we have the attributions right with some of these badges.................

We may have reached the wrong conclusions regarding some of these makers, based on the best evidence currently available.

Just like the so-called Deschler and P&L SS medals.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                Apologies for the seperate threads , for whatever reason I was unable to senf all three together.As Don states , as per everything nowadays, there are good fakes does this one stand up ?
                Cheers Kyle
                There are good fakes.................but your badge looks pretty good to me.

It's always very difficut with these, though..........esp. from pix.

Comment

Kyle, can you post a good, straight on reverse shot of the badge here, pin up and pin down please.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

WW1 Panzer

Thanks Robin/Don, the badge is the exact same as initially discussed in the link posted by Don, ergo it loks like a very ,very well made fake.I do not own this badge so its a case of caveat emptor as per usual.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X