My First Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Virgin

She is just lovely and delicate. Have been looking a long time for one of these, they are darn difficult to find. I am absolutely in love with this one.
    Sorry for the poor photo's, I did not have much time or good lighting.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 10-30-2009, 11:08 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations wolfknives.

They are amazingly beautiful aren’t they?

Your pictures are as good as I have ever seen of one of these; but I think that you will agree that pictures can not do justice to one of these crosses - as they say, you have to be there.

Again, congratulations,

Wild Card

Comment

Very nice cross. Although, I don't think I've ever seen one of these (that was authentic) that I didn't like. Could you measure the ribbon for me? Width, in mm. Thanks, Ammersee

Comment

Very nice . Congratulations.
            Mine is one of my favorite pieces of my collection.

Comment

congratulations

there beauty's ,,,,,,

and still affordable

regards kay

Comment

Congrats Wolfgang! They sure are nice and well worth their price. Seems to remember your cross from somewhere, bet it came from that nice Canadian fella at Emedals. Know of 3 at dealers right now, or maybe just 2 left.

They sure are hard to photograph too, the shiny core makes reflections. Have my Godet (which is the favorite) as a screensaver and Desktop image. People ask if it's not one of those "Nazi crosses"? Then just point out the numbers and ask them how many "Nazis" they think were around in the 19th century.

Yours is the version that is believed to be made by Godet, on the left in pic. On the right is a W-marked Wagner.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Roglebk; 10-31-2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Hello

A really super piece, and a great find Photos are fine as well.

There was one of these on Detlev Niemanns update yesterday as well. Anyone from the forum get it?

Regards
                  David

Comment

Thank you for all the kind comments. I think they are the nicest of all the crosses. Hopefully there will be some more of these.
                    Ammersee, the ribbon measures about 35mm.
                    Yes, this one came from emedals. I have been working 16 hour days for many weeks, and decided that thursday would finally be " Wolfgangs day". I made the trip to Barry's store, and it was well worth the trip. There is nothing like handling the pieces in person. I picked up a number of very nice awards that have been on my wanted list, and I have been saving my $ for. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=390537

Comment

Wolfgang, that's a great piece, I'm still on the lookout for one of these. Detlev had a nice cased one on his site yesterday. Barry is a good guy to deal with, I'm waiting for my latest pick-up from him.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Superb!
                          Cheers, Steve
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing

Comment

Congratulations!!

A beautiful example. They all are in fact.

I have been waiting some time to find a nice one and finally picked this one up from Detlev the other week.

VIRGIN

They truly are a collectors dream.

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X