Help newbie identify new medals please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help newbie identify new medals please

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to collecting Imperial and I am trying to figure out what some of these medals are. I know the Wound Badge and Iron Cross that looks to be repainted, but I am not sure of the others, can you help? One looks to be a War Merit of some sort? I was told the round one may be from an African Campaign? Could someone send me a PM on values as I have a non member spying on me. Thanks in advance Duane
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Need better close up images of all to say if they are original. Back of wound badge looks interesting. Mecklenburg look ok but hard to say. Same with the Waldeck.

Prussian Merit medal and EK look a little iffy, the EK seems to have a badly repainted core.

More pictures please. Spying??

Comment

Show us the prussian warrior merite medal please without ribbon, maybe it is a item from zinc.

Best regards Mike

Comment

a

a
          Attached Files

Comment

c

c
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Duane, maybe you could take a nice flat-on front an back photo of each. That would help a lot more than the in the air angle shots.

The wound badge is a nice 800 marked version.

Tom

Comment

Hi Duane,

the warrior merite medal is a rare execution in zinc.

Congratulation + Greeting, Mike

Comment

All look like excellent items to me, and I have the twin of your wound badge, only in cut-out format.

Comment

Originally posted by RAO View Post
                        the warrior merite medal is a rare execution in zinc.
                        Interessting one. Is know if those are official war time issue or are they private purchased?
                        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Hi Sasha, I think that these medals were minted in the last two years of WWI 1917/18. I know two versions. First here and another with a parallel Öse (loop). Greetings Mike

Please: Is "loop" the right english word for "Öse" ? ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by RAO View Post
                            Please: Is "loop" the right english word for "Öse" ? ;o)
                            Hi Mike. "Eye" or "jump ring" is better understood, as "loop" refers usually to the separate piece that the ribbon threads through. The small "loop" that is actually attached to the cross is generally called a "jump ring".
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

a

Hi everyone and thanks again for the help. This has created such an intrest for me that I may start to collect orders. What I ment about spying is that, there is a non forum member who is to cheap to spend the $25.00 to join. Instead of contributing by posting pictures, making constructive comments or even sitting back and learning from others who have built this great site, he looks at everyone elses posts to see what they are doing for gosip reasons in his social network. Whatever turns you on. This is why I suggest PMing with price suggestions instead of posting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X