Two Lübeck Hanseatic Crosses: Plain & Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Lübeck Hanseatic Crosses: Plain & Silver

The one on the left I suspect is a Third Reich replacement. The large suspension ring is marked with a "2" which may or may not have anything to do with that period maker marks. Otherwise, there is nothing to distinguish that one from a WWI issue piece.

The one on the right is stamped on the edge of the bottom arm "935" silver. Its shape is "off"--looks more like a Hessian Order of Philip the Generous, and both center disks are inserts, so this could be used for multiple awards.

I suspect this was a 1950s "prosperous retired veteran" piece. ??

notice that the final "e" has been omitted from the "im Krieg(e)" on the 935 silver one!!!

Comment

Hello Rick: thank you for showing these crosses.
      BTW: confusion with the ribbon colors for Lübeck i.e. is the color scheme white-red or red-white continues to this very day.
      Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

interesting!

Hi Guys, interesting subject. i've never seen the silver one before, unusual suspension to boot. Strange indeed.

Comment

Dear Rick (L),

the omission of the "e" in "Krieg" on the silver one somehow confirms your suggestion that it might be a more modern veteran piece. "Krieg" instead of "Kriege" is a much more modern way in the German language to express this grammatical casus.

Cheers, Frank
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Can anybody answer this interesting "red-white" or "white red"-obverse-colour-sequence-ribbon-question with some examples of mounted Lübeck crosses on a bar?

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

There are some posted here among the various ribbon bar threads, and also if you go back a few pages (click the box to go back "to the beginning" insted of setting "60 days" it stays on down at the bottom of each Forum's page) there is one in a thread on all three Hanseatic Crosses I started.. December, maybe?

I think white was supposed to be first as viewed, but have seen both ways!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X