EK fans check this out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK fans check this out....

Just for the Iron Cross fans, Heres a nice cased SW marked Iron Cross I recently picked up. Front as you can see is in pretty good condition for its ages. Back shows some wear and unfortunately the pin no longer opens. Still I very nice EK

Enjoy

One interesting point I never noticed until now, my KO marked EK is allot lighter than the SW marked one pictured. Unfortunately I do not have digital scales to weight them both and compare. Interesting point, has anyone else noticed this? Maybe SW was a better maker? I friend of mine owns a Godet marked G piece and it is also quite heavy and very well made.

Comment

Lastly we must of course have the sexy shot of the EK collection. Small I know but I love them all, slowly getting a bigger collection.

Enjoy!

PS If anyone is into collecting Lugars, please jump over to the "Uniforms, Cloth Insignia, and Equipment Forum" and have a look at my posting. Was not sure if it was best here or there.
      Last edited by Dez H; 02-12-2002, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Nice cross(es)!
        Is the 1939 EK 1 marked? I recently saw an unmarked example in a similar looking case. Is the bottom edge of your case bevelled?

(Ooops! I just saw your "Cased Iron Cross, comments please" thread over in the main forum. It's not the same EK or case at all. NEVER MIND.)

George
        Last edited by George Stimson; 02-12-2002, 09:46 AM.
        George

Comment

Yes in the last photo the open cased EK is the same as the one on the Wehrmacht forum. The Closed case is this one and the EK is inside it. The first class sitting besides the two is my KO piece. Sadly this is a bit worse for wear with some nasty scratches to the front surface.

1939 EK 1st class is totally unmarked. I have never seen them like this before.

Comment

I think you should pat yourself on the back. That is a very nice example of a 1915 issue piece. I have a few mint cased examples myself,
            except I believe they are hallmarked under the catch and on one of the arms rather than on the pin like your example. The quality was very high on these EKs until the war economy started to kick in and then quality deteriorated.

I have a couple of unmarked 1939 EK1s including a Shinkel version. What's the big deal about unmarked versions? I thought they were fairly common albeit earlier pieces.

Comment

There's no "big deal" about unmarked 1939 EK 1s that I know of. I also have several examples, including a Schinkel. I consider them all good.

George
              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X