"Widow's Cross" Question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Widow's Cross" Question please

I received a standard Hindenburg cross and this black cross for next-of-kin (at least I think that's what it's called) from a veteran recently. He obviously had a thumbtack in the ribbon on the black cross. I would like to offer this item on the estand as I don't collect imperial medals. However, I have been confused by the range of prices I have seen on the web. Is this cross "common", "rare", or somewhere in between? What would be a fair price (not top dollar!) to list this cross so a collector would be able to acquire it at a reasonable price and be satisfied?

Thanks in advance!

William
    Attached Files

Is there a maker mark on the back?
    George

Comment

Crosses

Hi, these things were issued by the million so unless it is a very rare maker (and even then) don't get your hopes up. The Next of kin example is worth a fraction more than the standard piece you mention but they are so common that they change hands for small amounts.Ferg1.

Comment

Well the widows cross is not so common like the Standard Hindenburgcross.For me it was not sooo easy to get the ribbon for an widowscross before 1945 produced.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X