Missing Mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Mail?

Last edited by stogieman; 11-11-2005, 11:38 AM.

Hi Rick! Have a package that is late but not over due yet. Mine was mailed from Southern Germany early in January. Talked to another friend in Germany today about this problem and he felt that mail had been running as late as four weeks. Will keep ya posted. Mike

Comment

I too am anxiously awaiting a parcel from Hamburg. Was to have been send air but was sent regular post for some reason. Ordered in late Novemeber, nothing to date but a letter with the receipt copy.

Its just a cheap book but..................
      '

Dan Cole

Comment

I got a package of books from Helmut Weitze Christmas week, no problems and in non-holiday delivery time--about a week. Air mail.

It appears that lowlife scum somewhere on the shipping routes are taking advantage of "security" pile ups to rummage likely looking packages for loot in odd dark corners away from the surveillance cameras. There is way too much of this suddenly going on to be just one bad place on the caravan routes or just the odd pilferer. Seems like a systemic problem.

Comment

Damn-I really hope you are wrong Rick. That would be the pitts! I have wondered if customs might be going through packages more now than before. But then, how the heck do they know what was paid for an item and what it may be worth. My items do not have bills or anything in them to show cost. I do know that German customs is tough on stuff mailed there and it is best to mail small packages with the green label customs tag instead of the larger customs tag. Oh will, will keep my fingers crossed and hope they get here okay for everyone! Mike

Comment

registered airmail

I had a package from Berlin Auction House arrive last year and it was messed up. An item was missing. Since then I always insist that everything to me be shipped registered airmail. At least there is a paper trail. No more problems since then.

Comment

UK-US Airmail

Air-mail packages from the UK to The States are taking at least twice as long. Even a couple of magazines took almost three weeks ! ! There are pilferers out there, about a year back a friend of mine sent an unframed oil painting to America, the recipient had the package delivered - slit open & empty . I know they are expensive but a carrier like Fedex gives you a whole lot more security

Comment

Rick, Seems OK from germany to UK. Have received packages from Hamburg recently, both with 12 days

Comment

Good News!

Last edited by stogieman; 11-11-2005, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear that one package has made it! Mine are still in snail mail land! So now what was the super item that was in it?? Mike

Comment

I usually have no problems receiving mail from Germany (I'm in Brooklyn). However, I ordered a nice 1939 cased, brass centered EKI from Hamburg on December 7. After a while, I asked the dealer who sent it to me to inquire about its whereabouts. Suddenly, on January 17, it arrived. I have no idea why it took that long but I was sure glad it showed up.

Best,
                      Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X