prussian blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prussian blue

Can anyone offer opinions on the book "Prussian Blue" in terms of its accuracy and if there are any or many fakes pictured in it? Is it a usefull book?

Thanks, Sal

I am not an expert on the PLM so I can't say as far as fakes being in the book. I can only tell you that Stephen Previteria made an exhaustive effort to photograph only known originals. While no reference book is perfect and someone will find fault with any reference book I believe that you will find "Prussian Blue" to be the best book available on the PLM.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Sal

I can't speak for the pre-WW1 pieces but to the best of my knowledge everything is present and correct for the WW1 era PLM's.

It would appear that the grouping of KC and PLM attributed to Fedor von Bock is not in fact his ... vonbockthread ... but the PLM in this (possibly) erroneous grouping is non-the-less perfectly genuine.

There is a gaping void of reference material on the subject of the PLM but in my humble opinion, Steve Previtera's book is without question the best in it's field by some considerable margin.

It is also beautifully photographed.

Marshall

Comment

Prussian Blue is an excellent book.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks much guys! I will get it, just wanted to check. Is it updated like Iron Time or is it a new title?

Best, Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X