Hamburg Lubeck Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamburg Lubeck Information

Recently picked up WW1 US officers bring back Imperial medal grouping, some were familiar some were not so after doing some searching through the forum I was able to identify most.
    But what caught my attention was a thread on the Hamburg Lubeck Cross "Finally a Lubeck ".
    The base of the post was black feet and beak on a Lubeck cross, was either Wiemar , TR or a repo.

Well one of pieces in the grouping I pick up was a Hamburg cross with very dark but feet red and a black beak, and unfortunately enamel damage.

The feet are red but very subtle, in normal room light or a gun/military show they would look black. The beak on the other hand is black.
    I am very sure this group was not messed with , I added a photos to show hamburg cross and full grouping.
    This was a bring back from a WW1 vet given to his nephew in the mid 50s and purchase by me this week.

So it fairly safe to say at least there are some black beak Lubeck crosses that were pre Wiemar or TR manufacture.
    I am not a Imperial collector per say, and a raw beginner when it comes to Imperial collecting. So this is just a reference for a known time period grouping with a Hamburg Cross that doesn't quite follow the normal text book example.

The entire grouping consisted of a , 1st row, German buckle, unknown ribbon. 1904-1905 Russian-Japanese medal ,300th Anniversary of Romanov Dynasty medal, French issue to Russian Port Arthur defenders medal
    2nd row 1914 EK2, Mecklinburg merit cross 2d class , Hamburg Cross, St George Cross 4th cl in silver,
    3rd row, unknown Russian regimental badge, Cross for port Arthur defenders Jeweler made , US infantry crossed rifles.

I know this is Imperial German , but if anyone can ID the ribbon or Imperial Russian regimental badge it would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Piotro; 10-02-2007, 11:24 AM.

close up

close up of eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

complete grouping

complete grouping
      Attached Files

Comment

Russian regimental badge

need information on this one
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X