Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Pilot badge for opinions

Hi,
    Please tell me your opinions about this WWI Pilot badge. It's marked 800 on the top. If this is an original, who's the maker and how much would it costs approximately? Thank you in advance!

pilot badge

Hi, I think that from the pictures the badge looks OK,although it does not seem to show any signs of wear. The patina looks a little artificial but thats OK too as the private purchase pieces were patinated as an option. It is very hard to give a definate yes or no from photo's ,if it were in my hand I would feel alot more confident in giving a thumbs up or down,but on the whole it looks alright. Maker is unknown ,this example is seen also with a square maker mark on the pin. I would hazard a guess and say post war,1920's/30's. Value ...............varies !!! Ferg1

Comment

pilot badge

Just looking again at the pictures,I cannot see any weep hole on the reverse,is this a solid piece with a ray back or two piece hollow ?? If it is solid in this format I would be very cautious about. That would reek of spun cast copy. Ferg1.

Comment

Yes, it's solid. Thank you for your advice! I'll stay away from it unless I know for sure.

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
        Just looking again at the pictures,I cannot see any weep hole on the reverse,is this a solid piece with a ray back or two piece hollow ?? If it is solid in this format I would be very cautious about. That would reek of spun cast copy. Ferg1.

Comment

It's an original period pilot badge. I have get the same as part of a group from a pilot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X