Franco Prussian Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franco Prussian Bar

This is one of my favourite bars. The first medal is the Combatants version of the medal for the Franco Prussian War. It is the original issue,with the lettering on the side showing it was made from cannon captured from the armies of Napoleon III.( a a side note, the Hindenberg Cross was based on this medal,using the cross design on the reverse,as well as the same ribbon) The second medal is the Wilhelm I Commemorative Medal 100-year Centenary Medal 1797-1897.
    the raw unfinished stiching on the reverse of the ribbon is classic pre- Great War.

The ribbon on your Centenary looks like nicely watered silk. Here is a similar one, but a bit duller than yours:

Comment

Scott,
      Can you tell what type of metal that the actual bar is made from? I've seen pics of these often with the grey looking metal but not sure what it is. I've never seen one in person. Tin, maybe?
      It's evidently something that's easy to solder to. Thanks, Ammersee

Comment

hers mine to the right with the paris bar on it!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, paddy, nice stuff!
          I like to see this big bar left hand side

Here is mine Franco Prussian bar:

Comment

sadly that bar aint going nowhere!!! oh and just to taunt you some more its made by godet to!!! but i do like your bar though! any one got any more with more battle clasps on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
              Scott,
              Can you tell what type of metal that the actual bar is made from? I've seen pics of these often with the grey looking metal but not sure what it is. I've never seen one in person. Tin, maybe?
              It's evidently something that's easy to solder to. Thanks, Ammersee
              it seems to be tin. its a soft,light metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
                The ribbon on your Centenary looks like nicely watered silk. Here is a similar one, but a bit duller than yours:

nice bar!

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
                  hers mine to the right with the paris bar on it!!!
                  EXCELLENT!!!!!

Comment

thanks scott!!! any body got any more with more battle clasps as i KNOW there out there!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X