BB & Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB & Co

Just looking at a new thread regarding a 1939 Beco catalogue and it occured to me ,(stop me if this is old news or stating the obvious) but the catalogue shows a Gallipoli star which is a very good likeness to the BB & Co pieces. The company name on the front cover is BECO , also the name appears inside with BOERGER & CO ,does that not equal = BB & CO ?? Have we found the maker of this star? Or was that already known? What do you guys reckon ,logical? Ferg1.

Well, the main point ist, that we know original groups from WW1 even from bulgarians who were awarded a BB&Co Halfmoon and had NO Chance of buying a private-purchase-piece. the first question is. has this company existed during WW1?

haynau

Comment

BB&Co

I always assumed that BB&Co stars were post WW1 anyway.Ferg1.

Comment

I think that you may be on to something here. I am sorry that I can not add any helpful information; but, hopefully some of our other members can add some ideas which could confirm this theory one way or the other.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
          I always assumed that BB&Co stars were post WW1 anyway.Ferg1.
          Can you expand on this statement please?

Comment

Hi Terry, what is there to expand on ? I just thought that BB&Co stars were made post war (1920's/1930's), but I could be wrong!! Ferg1.

Comment

Beco GS

Linked below to another site is a photo of a "Beco" marked Gallipoli Star.

photo1 obverse

photo2 reverse

photo3 maker mark on pin

Tony

Comment

Sorry, no Pic appears if you aren't logged in

haynau

Comment

Definately a different star than a BB&Co.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

I have a group from a German Officer that was in Turkey, this group came with 2 TWMs. One of them is a BB&Co and shows a lot of use, the other one is a private purchase piece and in much better shape.

Comment

I had US WWI sterling and enamel Air Photographer wings marked B.B.&Co Sterling. I thought that was Bastion Brothers, in the US.

Unfortunately, my wing collection, along with much other militaria, was stolen, in a burglary, in 1994.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

The BB&Co. pieces were definitely awarded during the war. There are many documented groups belonging to Turkish, German, Austrian and Bulgarian recipients who had the BB&Co. pieces.

In a thread here on the WAF years ago, we concluded that the maker was probably Gebruder Binder, who used the mark BB&Co. on items made for export. Since they were made for the Turkish government, it would stand to reason that they might use their export mark. There is still no concrete evidence, however, so other makers should not be ruled out.

Bastian Brothers did use the letters BB&Co., but it is highly doubtful that they would have contracted with a U.S. company, even if they were made before the U.S. entry into the war.

Tim
                        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

see here

Verkuilen Ager pointed out that Bastian's were a union shop-and did not have the trademark in 1917. I am now of the opinion that the catchs may have been made in the USA and imported in 1913/15 to Binders-this is the reason for catchs going different ways or being on different variations of stars.
                          See here:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...inder+brothers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X