Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id?

Hello,

Could anyone tell me who this guy is? I think he is a major on this photo.
    His medals: EK2, HHOX, REOw/crown, Michaelsorden, ?, Centenarmedaille, MVOX and EK1.

If the pics aren't clear enough, I would be happy to send you a better quality scan.

Jan

I'm not getting any image at ALL... here I am replying and the scan has not downloaded in minutes.

No can see!

Comment

I can see them, the second picture is a bit large (about 200K). The direct links: http://users.skynet.be/bk230381/medal/familie.jpg and http://users.skynet.be/bk230381/medal/familie1.jpg

Regards,
      Jan

Comment

Rick,

Will you be able to id the man?

Jan

Comment

Sorry but that bar is too blurry for me to be sure about what class Red Eagle that is, what the next two awards are (? a Crown 4th and presumably an XXV?). Not being able to see the EXACT combination makes an ID impossible.

He's wearing "retired" shoulder boards, but I can't tell if a Major or an Oberst. This appears to be a pre- or very early Third Reich photo.

Comment

Rick,

I've tried to make an extreme close-up.

Jan

http://users.skynet.be/bk230381/medal/forum_orders.tif

and something you should be able to see:

Comment

Ahhhhaaa!

Wilhelm HEYE (NOT the senior Reichsheer General of same name with Fierce Mustachios):

Leutnant 27.1.95
              Oberleutnant ern. 17.5.02 final 15.9.04 Z4z
              Hauptmann 13.9.11 Y6y
              Major 27.1.18 #1
              Oberstleutnant 1.5.23 #4
              Oberst 1.3.28 #1

He went from imperial army Pioneer Battalion 4 to the War Academy, then to staff of the 4th Engineer Inspectorate. He spent long years on the staff of Kommandantur Königsberg and in 1928 was Kommandant of Marienburg, West Prussia. He must have retired 1928/29.

Medal bar:

Iron Cross 2, Prussian Hohenzollern House Order 3X (gazetted 15.1.18 so awarded Nov-Dec 1917), Red Eagle 4 with Crown, Crown 4, Prussian XXV, 1897, Bavarian MMO4X awarded 3.3.15.

Now, because Jan has been sooooooooo good, he gets Two For The Price of One:

seated there is his son, Engineer Officer Candidate (Crew of 1929, so this photo dates (is that a Christmas tree?) 1929 from his "Gefreiter" cadet rating) Dipl. Ing. August Wilhelm Heye, born 13 December 1907.

Fähnrich (Ing) 1.1.31
              Leutnant (Ing)
              Oberleutnant (Ing) 1.6.35 #10
              Kapitänleutnant (Ing)
              Korvettenkapitän (Ing) 1.4.43 #7
              Fregattenkapitän (Ing) Bundesmarine

1937 on Torpedoboat "Greif" and Leading Engineer 4th Torpedoboat Flotilla. He was on active Bundesmarine duty as a FK (Ing) 1960 and 1963 in Bonn, retired in that rank so probably soon after 1963. He and his wife Marianne Schröder were alive in Bonn in 1991.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Rick!

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X