Eagle Order and Bow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Order and Bow Question

A photo I recently posted shows von Etzel with a eagle order bow on his ribbon bar. Could this strange combination of items be the bow from his ribbon bar? The eagle order is 1 3/8 inches from enamel to enamel. I'm sorry we converted Imperialist purists don't talk like that, it's 37mm from stem to stern.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

back...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

the bow should be from a old style ribbon bar. The full size bows worn on medal bars were a bit bigger.
      He should have the 3rd class with bow and swords on the ring, but this swords "between 2 rings" are definetly not the awarded ones. The originally issued ones had the swords directly on the upper crossarm and not attached with additional ring.
      Anyway after the award of the REO2 he had to return the original REO3 so maybe this are private purchased things which somebody "arranged nicely" to display it somewhere.

Best regards

Daniel

P.S. please post more from Etzels stuff; it is much nicer that 3rd reich zink

Comment

So it's possible this is the bow from this bar? I blew the picture up to life size and held the bow to the bar, it's the same size.

And I would definitely say this is a private purchase EO w/rings and swords but for wear on civilian clothes? I haven't checked the eagle painting to determine manufacture but all the rest of his stuff was Weiss although this is unmarked.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian S; 04-11-2003, 09:40 AM.

Comment

might be, but this one looks bigger. I think he had more than one ribbon bar over his years. (and I would looove to have one! haha.)

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

....forgot to say...I dont believe he wore the REO like that on civilian dress. A nice lapel bow or miniature would do that. I think the cross might be a private one for the medal bar.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

So would I... The ribbon bars appear to be gone. Thanks for the feedback Daniel.
              Attached Files

Comment

ach du Sch....!

But if all his decorations survived, why not ribbon bars? Maybe...in some years something turns up. You can never know.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Some things went into the cellar and survived and some didn't... A bomb hit their building directly on the roof. Burned down to the first floor leaving the cellar.

Comment

ach so...thats a pity.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X