IC1 Award Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC1 Award Doc

The landscape is coated in an inch of ice, there's no power or heat in the house . . . what do you do? Desert the family and head out for a militaria show. Here's the top find. Any info on the recipient or the signing general would be welcome.

Ayuh, except for the power... I think we're going for the "1816" record here.

That's an Art Nouveau-ish work of art-- the WHOLE THING looks printed: what's actually filled in?

Pratsch:

Sekondeleutnant 22.3.91
    Oberleutnant 13.9.99 Y3y
    Hauptmann 27.1.07 W2w
    Major 28.11.14 Oo
    char. Oberstleutnant aD

alive 1926

Was in Inf Rgt 17 in 1902, as Adjutant of Landwehrbezirk Diedenhofen

Commander, 4./Inf Rgt 82 in 1914, holding Red Eagle Order 4 and 1897 Medal.

The Honor Rank List records him as last being Commander, Fusilier Regiment 37

Waldeck bestowed their Honor Cross 3rd Class with Swords on him 3.12.17 as a Battalion Commander (neglecting to share his first name or regiment with us)

Gazetted Prussian Hohenzollern House Order 3X 19.12.16 as major in Inf Rgt 24. Despite this early award, no PLM.

Signed by retired and recalled Gen d Inf aD Otto Freiherr von Hügel, veteran of 1870, alive 1926. Last position before pre-WW1 retirement was as CO of 2nd Inf Div, WWI he seems to have been XXVI Reserve Corps CO quite some time. He received the Pour le Merite on 28.8.16

May have no power tomorrow here, since it has been icing all day now after snow last night. 3rd worst "official" winter here in the county since modern records began in 1850-- and I've lived through and shoveled through ALL of them!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Rick. The block with the guy's name/position/date is hand-lettered and the general's signature is hand-signed (the ink now a bit faded). Overall too big for the scanner, so this was done in pieces and stitched together. Has a tape repair across the center of the reverse, but what are you gonna do?

Comment

The same doc

I just saw this document for sales at the NJ Meadowlands show a few weeks ago. Is this a recent purchase?
        Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Me like it.

Comment

drool...

I'm just a big fan of everything about the Flanders' front...

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X