Kaiser Wilhelm Signed Award Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaiser Wilhelm Signed Award Document

To Lt. Gen'l von Klingspur, my great grandfather. The enamel is gone but the papers at least survive...

Anyone for Sutterlin? My German is pretty good but I can't do this...
    Attached Files

What's really interesting to me is that the envelope is also intact and has kept the paper in mint condition. Forgive my copyright on the paper above but I don't want to see it on Latvian eBay.

Comment

The back of the envelope has a really well preserved nicely done seal.

Comment

Hello,

It says:

Ich habe Sie, in Genehmigung Ihres Abschiedsgesuches von 30. v. Mts.; durch Ordre von heute mit der gesetzlichen Pensi(on?) zur Dispostion gestellt. Indem Ich Ihnen dies unmittelbar bekannt mache, verleihe Ich Ihnen zugleich in gnädig(er?) und dankender Anerkennung Ihrer langjährigen treu(en?) und guten Dienste hierdurch den Stern zum Rothen Alder-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub und lasse die Dekoration beifolgen. - Berlin, den 14. Januar 1902.

An den Generalleutnant v. Klingspor, Kommandanten von Magdeburg.

Regards,
        Jan

Comment

We have people who can read Sutterlin on the Forum, that's great!

Comment

That is the Most Classic "textbook" script I've ever seen. Usually the Court clerks got in all sorts of flourishes and "calligraphy."

"Real people" never wrote that precisely. Wish they were all this easy!!!!

Comment

I was comparing Wilhelm's signature on some examples I'd found on the Net and the first one I found wasn't quite right and yet it was similar. Looked a little more closely and he had signed it in England in 1910 and signed it 'William' (or so it appears). Found another Orden certificate and of course it was an exact match. So Rick can read the Sutterlin also? My ancestors would be so disappointed in me...

Does anyone have the entire seal? Looks like the left side is a little smudged.

Comment

Career?

Brian, How much do you know about your Great Grandfather's career? Have you done any research? If you want some help send me a PM and I'll see what I can find out.
                Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

That's a classic Kaiser Bill signature... here is one from 1912 and at 100% life size from a commission.

I'll start a new "autograph" thread on some others:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X