X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next big ebay medal-bar

Wonderful rare non-combatant crosses! Could be from a doctor:

I just don't like this one:

1) The ribbons are "immaculate mint" which does not match the wear of the medals

2) There was simply NO way that an Austro-Hungarian Kaiser Karl Medal for 3 Wounds could be on a GERMAN recipient's bar (the missing award ribbon)

3) The Austro-Hungarian Red Cross MEDAL for NCOs clearly does not match the status of someone with pre-war Crown and Red Eagle Orders 4th Class

I've seen mixed combat/noncombat awards. This combination on that backing would seem to indicate someone in the navy, the REO and CO a technical/Beamter type rather than medical-- and yet: no long service.

I'd give this one a pass.

Comment

Rick,

I agree with you on the ribbons... Shouldn't the non-combattant ribbons of the Mecklenburg cross 2. Kl. and the Oldenburg FA 2. Kl. be slightly darker red (violet)?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

..but it is this time a well-made one and not the usual flat-bottom-crap!
        So more and more we have to look if the combination fits and not only the look.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thoes ribbons look like they were only made yesterday.

moremad

Comment

I saw a website only recently where you could have medal bars made (also "prussian style") and these guys also sell copies of Hindenburg Crosses!
            The name was something with Sattler but I can't find the web-adress right away...

Jan

Comment

Auction closed;

it went away for 660 Euros!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X