Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 Goted with "side-hooks"

Hi,

this EK 1 from Goodet with "side hooks" is offered by a dealer for the price of 780 Euros.

What do you think? Original?
    Is that the normal asking price for such a piece?

I am pleased about each assistance?

Regards
    Andreas
    Attached Files

Obverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Bad pic from the makers mark
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a very nice ORIGINAL Godet.
          IMO that is a pretty high price to pay for one of these. I guese
          it just depends on how bad you want it.

Comment

Regardless from the stiff price it is a good one.

Best Franki

Comment

Hi,

thank you for the information. It's a nice EK 1 but i think i'll wait for a Godet piece where the price is within the normal range.

Can anybody tell me the the high of the "normal" range?

Regards
              Andreas

Comment

Andreas,

Giving you a realistic price is almost impossible. Any collectable is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at that particular moment.

Nice condition Godet EKIs with both side hooks intact are tough to find. Even tougher if you are not a 'lucky' collector at times. Just a for instance to illustrate my point. I turned down $1000 for my cased double hooked Godet EKI. That was maybe 8 years or so ago. That was huge money for a cased 1914 EKI at the time. I still have it in my collection. Sorry, not for sale. They are just too hard to find cased.

Here's a very astute rule(s) that I refer to when I have a hard time making up my mind about buying something rare and valuable.

It goes like this...................

1. When is the last time you saw one for sale? How much was it then?

2. When is the next time you expect to see one for sale? How much do you think it will cost then?

3. Finally , you can never pay too much for a true collectable, you can only buy it too soon.

After all, money is replacable while rare collectables often aren't. Only you can decide what something is really worth to you and how much you really want it.

Simple answer, no?

All the best,

Tony
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Well put Tony. I ask myself those same things very often. Most of the time the killer is rule nr. 4:

Can I buy it without going bankrupt?

I suppose, when you really want to get something, that's always the final question. Unless you're swimming in cash, that is.
                  Antti

Comment

I love Iron Crosses too. But you can't eat them and they don't keep you warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                      I love Iron Crosses too. But you can't eat them and they don't keep you warm.
                      Sounds like you need to collect pussy if that is your primary concern.

Tony

Comment

As expensive as some of these EK's are getting, often the pussy you speak of will be far more costly. I bet there's alot of members here who will attest to that!

Comment

Yep!

Comparatively speaking collecting EKs can be a better deal financially.

Look at it from this prospective. EKs are for the most part aways trim and good looking, they don't eat much, are easy to entertain, appreciative of fondling and never have a headache. I almost forgot to mention that they are not too arguementative if you bring another one into the house to live with you.

Hmmmmmmmmm................. Not much of a down side if you ask me. ;>)

Tony
                          Last edited by Tiger 1; 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Tony, you just converted me

Comment

I agree

Tony.... you are absolutely RIGHT!!!

If one waits until the price is a real bargain.... you will end up with NOTHING of value.

If recovery of $$$$ is greater than your personal satisfaction you are in the wrong hobby.

Rod

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X