Check out this site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out this site...

Found this Belgian site, it is also in english. I'm sure you Imperialguys would like it!

excavations of war relics in the field...

http://www.diggers.be/

Kind regards

Jan

Thanks, Jan.
    An extremely interesting site. I wasn't aware that excavation on those battle sites was going on in such an organized and regular fashion.

Steve
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Excellent site.

Before I moved to Spain early last year there was a British documentary on these guys. It was fantastic viewing and for an hour long programme was packed with detail. The other half (no military interest of any kind) sat through it and was equally fascinated.

One point that I'm not sure is touched on and very valid with the current climate is the discovery of gas shells. According to the programme these are found at least once a month and have to be taken away by the forces to a lab where they have the gas extracted. Well the lab can "make safe" two shells a week and on average has ten a week delivered. Apparently there is a stockpile of these WW1 shells that will take around 90 years to clear!

thanks for the link!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X