Clear All

OK Tony! best wishes,
    jeff
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Sorry, I've been away for a week.

I'll use post#7 as the basis for my reply;

The left hand ray-back "Juncker" has a MEYBAUER wreath. It has an imo incorrect hinge/pin/catch for a genuine Juncker badge and it has the extremely contentious "crown" marking. The cresent moon and 800 are also "off". Definitely not for me.

The Meybauer on second from left still looks like it might be a genuine badge - imo correct Meybauer wreath, marking and main pin. The crown cut-outs are also a nice feature. All good signs but there's still a possibility it could be a really good casting, as the reverse has a slightly "soft" look to it.

The Meybauer marked badge third from left has a JUNCKER wreath - that's enough for me to say there is something very wrong with this example. Imo, is it bad.

The prinzen remains outside my experience.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Mike, it does look the obverse of the badges are different. The one on the right is from the grouping of effects, so it has the provenance.

I know it is the wrong forum, maybe the thread can be moved, but it is interesting to compare these bages. John
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John R.; 12-10-2006, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Hi,

John, you are definitely right about 2 different obverses - good comparison pic. I don't know enough about these Maybauers to say if they had two dies for this badge. Aside from the different design, the detail on the one of the left does seem to be lacking, especially in the village/land details above the wreath tie. Your example looks very crisp and detailed in comparison - very nice. Any chance of seeing a pic of the reverse, out of curiosity?

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

--------------------
            Last edited by John R.; 12-10-2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Marine pilot badges

Hi , the badge on the right ( the one from the grouping) is from the maker Hugo Schaper of Berlin the other being Paul Maybauer. So there is bound to be a difference between the two badges. As for the Juncker with the Maybauer style bow and the Maybauer with the Juncker style bow,I have seen this before ,both badges look to be post war( 1920's/30's) although the Juncker looks a little suspect.Juncker was an 'outlet' and I believe,for what its worth, sold other makers products who did not have an outlet.Hence various badge designs with the Juncker post war logo on.Ferg1

Comment

Hi Mike,
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John R.; 12-10-2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
                  Hi , the badge on the right ( the one from the grouping) is from the maker Hugo Schaper of Berlin the other being Paul Maybauer. So there is bound to be a difference between the two badges. As for the Juncker with the Maybauer style bow and the Maybauer with the Juncker style bow,I have seen this before ,both badges look to be post war( 1920's/30's) although the Juncker looks a little suspect.Juncker was an 'outlet' and I believe,for what its worth, sold other makers products who did not have an outlet.Hence various badge designs with the Juncker post war logo on.Ferg1
                  Thanks Ferg,

Imperial is not my area at all, appreciate the information. John

Comment

Thank You Everyone, for the info.

Alex R.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X