Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two heroes of the republic of Weimar

Hello,

here are two great bars from heroes of the Republic of Weimar - they got only two/three awards in WW1 - but then....

Werner
    Attached Files

...and here the second...
    Attached Files

Comment

spiffy! What are the bars?

Comment

Hi Jeff,

"Durchbruchsschlacht" at the first bar, "Verdun" on the EK-ribbon and "Flandernschlacht" on th second bar.

Werner

Comment

nice bars !!!
          so brave heros in the veterans associations

Comment

I always wonder when you see "Generallfeldmarschall" bars like these, whether other veterans laughed at these guys.

Comment

Hi Rick,

they were the "Generlfeldmarschälle" of the "Bier-Stammtisch"..

Here an interestin combination with a Lippe-Detmold cross and the Württemberg Kriegervereins-cross..

Werner
              Attached Files

Comment

Meine Herren, what Heroes!
                But You could even see Göring and other high Nazis with Weimar decorations like this.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

...and the Kriegervereins-Medal from Hannover...
                  Attached Files

Comment

...and an extrem bar - no war decoration, but Flander-crsoss with "Seekrieg", Kriegsdenkmünze and cross "Treu der Marine" with bar II. Torp Div....
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've always had the same question as Rick.

If these Stammtisch heroes had to take down most of their medals and replace them with a Hindenburg Cross, they must have felt a real loss. To go from a 8-medal bar to an EK/Hindenburg pair must have crushed more than a few rear echelon commandos.

Comment

I have a question regarding these "Stammtisch" medals. While they were postwar unofficial awards would they not be somewhat akin to the WW2 campaign medals and shields? I don't think I would begrudge a guy who lived through battles at Verdun or in Flanders his little unofficial piece if tin even if he didn't earn any EKs. When you see a photo of a Wehrmacht guy with nothing on his tunic but an Ostmedaille ribbon you can still appreciate that he must have gone through some unpleasant and trying times. Regards Chris B.

Comment

Arghh, you think you've proofread everything and then as soon as you press the reply button you see you've missed something. Thats "piece of tin". CB.

Comment

What exactly are all the other medals on the first two bars?

signed,

Ignorant zinky guy.
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Defecting?

1st medal bar: Iron Cross, Saxe-Weimar General Decoration with Swords (in its bizarre freaky frame)-- those are the ONLY official awards on this bar! Next: 1920s Marinekorps Flanders Cross (despite its name, was a self-purchase award and often army types bought it), 1920s "German Honor Legion" medal with device for combatants, 1920s unofficial Colonial "Lion" award (another version was pinback), some sort of Saxon veterans group cross (even I do not know anywhere near all these unofficial things! ), Kyffhäuserbund WW1 medal (they are still around as the main German veterans' association), 1920s Austrian "Honor Legion" cross.

2nd medal bar: EK2, Saxon Honor Cross with Swords (given to senior NCOs-- note no long service award though, so a reservist), Saxe-Weimar General Decoration again--Werner can tell us, but I think it's a late war zinky with the silver finish gone. End of official awards! Next-- Marinekorps Flanders Cross again, German "Honor Legion" combatant again, Kyffhäuserbund again with swords added for combatant, Austrian "Honor Legion" again with combatant swords, and a "Loyal to the Regiment" Cross missing the actual unit bar-- see the bar with "Torpedodivision" one on it Werner showed last above (wrong ribbon there).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X