Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prussian Order of the Crown

Commander in gold marked "N"...
    Picked this up from Steve Brown...after the debacle with the REO I needed something legit to make me feel better...
    I just like this so much I wanted to share with you...
    Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anthony Grisanti; 11-14-2006, 12:33 PM. Reason: Can't spell

And the case...
    Attached Files

Comment

Well done Tony. That makes up for the REO quite a bit! Very nice. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
        Well done Tony. That makes up for the REO quite a bit! Very nice. Steve
        thanks Steve...I'm feeling a little more balanced and my chi is more in line since I got this.

Comment

Very nice Komturkreuz. Are there any hallmarks?

Comment

Crown order

Hello,

Very nice looking one, could you post a close up from the maker mark?

Cordial greetings,
            my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Gents
              It's hallmarked on the lower arm with the mm "N". I will get some pics after work today...
              T

Comment

Sorry for the delay...here is a picture of the "N" maker mark on the lower arm of the cross.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great looking cross! I just picked up a 4th Class Order of the Crown. It is hallmarked "W" on the bottom. What does the "W" stand for? Are these made of real gold (can't be)? What is the value for a mint condition 4th class award (want to know if I paid too much)?

Thanks for any help. I will try to post some photos later...Tom

Comment

crown order

Hello,

Thank you for that image of the maker mark, i will look my references up and see what i can find out on this maker "N"

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Hi,

"W" would be for Wagner, Berlin.

I have "N" down as "Neuhaus & Sohn, Berlin".

Tony, interesting case variant. I haven't noticed one with the "slot" in the lower insert above the cross before! Nice.

Regards
                      Mike
                      Last edited by Mike Kenny; 11-21-2006, 02:59 AM. Reason: ANOTHER f*****g typo - of course the H should be N
                      Regards
                      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike

Are you refering to the V-slot in the top of the case insert? I assumed it was the norm to accept the loop for the cravat. I noticed on all the 3d class pieces I have seen, the box insert is fitted for the suspension ring...I could not find a shot of another commander cross in a case to compare with mine...

T
                        Last edited by Anthony Grisanti; 11-20-2006, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Hi Tony,

Oops, sorry, I just re-read your first post . My mistake - didn't realise is was a Commander's Cross (even with the obvious loop)! I was thinking KO3. That's the problem with RAOs and KOs, some of the higher grades look the same and it's the size that's important - which you don't get from a pic. In that case, I'm sure it's the norm and I've learned something.

The maker's I mentioned are still valid though, as far as I know.

Regards
                          Mike
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

maker

Hello,

The maker of this on is Neuhaus & Sohn (instead of Heuhaus ) , hence the "N".

This maker is known to have made mainly red eagle orders & crown-orders.

The cross self does date from between 1885 and 1916.

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Originally posted by Stijn David View Post
                              Hello,

The cross self does date from between 1885 and 1916.

Cordial greetings,
                              Thanks for the info...is there anything distinguishing in hte manufacturing or case that would determine if it was produced closer to the 1885 or 1916 side?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X