Imperial Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Quiz

You guys are too damn smart. This was an award given to certain German soldiers. OK, WHO WERE THEY? When were they awarded this and why? HA! Maybe even Rick will be stumped!
    Attached Files

A.O.K. stands normally for Armee-Oberkommando. The other inscriptions are Chinese for me, but could this thing have to do with the Boxer Rebellion in China in the beginning of the 20th Century?

Jan

Comment

yeah- seems to be a "Boxer" dog on top- so i'mn sure its related to that incidence...(The 88 day of Peking)
      But what exactly it is i cant tell...

Gruß,
      KSM

Comment

That was quick... The German officers who were attached to the AOK in Peking were each given one of these as a remembrance of their tour. You guys are way too smart!

Comment

Do you own one of these??????
          Is that a Ming dog? I showed this to my dad, who is a bit of a nutter on Chinese porcelain and he got very excited. It might be a "reissued" jadite Ming piece (or even earlier) worth Far more as art than as a souviner. Nice,nice piece.
          JeMc

Comment

Yes I do. It belonged to PLM winner Gunther v.Etzel. Believe it to be made of a soft stone. As the Imperial palace was ransacked, it is entirely possible it was made from doodads from the palace.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X