MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is that Pour Le Merit in the window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is that Pour Le Merit in the window?

Does anyone have a guess-estimation of how much a German Pour Le Merit (Blue Max) goes for? I understand that prices will vary due to condition, so if someone could provide me a ballpark figure that would cover from poor to excellent condition I would really appreciate it. Oh yeah, why does a German Medal have a French name?

Thanks!

John

For General information and history on the Prussian Orden Pour le Merite please visit.

http://www.pourlemerite.org/

I believe the name is in French because at the time of its institution French was considered one of the high languages and spoken in the King’s court.

As for prices go I have no idea really, I have seen “wearer’s copies” sell for a few thousand, while entire groups belonging to ww1 flying aces up around the $50,000 mark. Have you just watched the Blue Max?

This medal is so highly faked and will millions of different variants, wearers copies, display pieces and ’57 S&L PLM’s floating around I wouldn’t waste my money on something unless it had rock solid providence.

Comment

If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it

Comment

Approx.

$1,992 in U.S. funds

*Or so Ive read

Sorry I meant: $10,992

**Ive re-read my sources- It was a fairly 'mint' PLM however w/ oakleaves
        Last edited by Chris N; 02-27-2003, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Hell DAve!
          I as ways ask & can nevre afford the item I want,, but I but i usually buy & worry about it aftrward

DAve wrote ( i think toung in cheeck)

>>if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it,<<
          ~Buddy~

Comment

$1,992 in U.S. funds
            Chris if you can provide a genuine, documented, PLM for under 2k please email me.

Comment

Wait a second!

Real PLM's try in the 10-20,000 USD range
              "wearer's copies" 500-2K, depending on quality. If an ATTRIBUTED one, figure closer to 5-8K
              Fakes: abound in the 30-200 range
              Modern Display copies by Steinhauer & Luck: ~200
              Rothe Fakes from ther 1970's: $1500-2000
              NOTE! The Rothe Fake is probably the best made copy around, extremely well made and detailed, marked J.G.u.S. & silver, but comes in a black, Austrian-style coffin case.
              This one is sought after in it's own right and collectable even as a fake.

I concur with Dez, know a real one for 2K, I'll pay you 4K in a heartbeat....

Comment

Detlev had a nice one last October for 9,800. Not attributed to anyone but it was real. As with RKs, if you know what you're looking for, it's real. The Imperial awards are so incredibly well done that the fake is well, a fake. Detlev once had a 'ground dug' PLM with Oakleaves but I can't remember the price. He also sold a post-war PLM for 6,000, probably still Godet or a good Weimer official maker for the WWI recipients. Here's the ground dug I kept from his update;
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Stogie Rick!!!!
                  Get in line, it is mine!!!!!

Comment

Our forum member Tim C owns the above damaged PLM;
                    There is a past thread on it here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=ground

Comment

A PLM in gold is about 20K US. In silver-gilt about 12K.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Bob
                      www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X