1914 EK1 trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNUSUAL KMST

Here is unusual little latch on the bottom clasp.

Comment

Nice!

Say, do you have an image of the KMST version that has the rather complicated spring-nut-disc (for lack of a better way to describe it) attachment?

The Meybauer piece you've shown reminds me of the Braunschweig EA 1ster that Werner Nickel has. His disc looked very similar to your image.

Comment

ERIC

ERIC, IS THIS WHAT YOUR REFERING TO. THIS ONE IS A MAYBAUER.

Comment

Nope

KMST (Kriegsministerium Standesamt) also made another variant that has a spring loaded disc with a clip. Hopefully I'll be able to find an image of one somewhere...it is the rarest of this series of variants.

Comment

THIS ONE?

This disc is spring tempered. This cross is by J.H. Werner-Berlin.

Comment

Nice one, but no! Remember: KMST!

Keep trying, though!

Comment

Hi Eric,

Gordon W has/had the KMST DRGM "screwback" version - there are/were images on his website.

Johnny d - you have some really nice variants there!! Very impressive.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Eric,

As requested.
                  The edges to the curved slots are "ramped" so that as you turn the place counter-clockwise, the edge wedges against the top of the vertical posts.

Comment

those are really awesome screwbacks! Thank you for letting us see them
                    Antti

Comment

Super-fantastik!

Vielen Dank, Gordon!

That is a very nice Iron Cross.

Comment

SORRY

Young Eric, are you realy a teenager?
                        Sorry I have no more KMST. Just posted two other variants on different thread same forum.

Comment

Hi,

Re KMST EK1s, I was going through my image files the other day and I found ANOTHER variant!! I thought there were only 3 variants but now I know there are 4. Do you think I could find the images again to post them here though moremad moremad

From memory, the attachment system consisted of two thread posts (top and bottom arm) and a round disk that fitted onto the posts. The neat thing was that on the disk, there was a folding plate which lockewd the disk onto one of the posts.

Regards
                          Mike K
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X