Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Bavarian non-combattant's medal bar

Dear Imperialites,

I found this "Spange" on Ebay. It is quite interesting, especially because of the BMVK 3. Kl. ohne Krone am Beamtenband!!! To tell you the truth I have never seen personally such cross before, but the whole bar seems to me to have possibly been worn. What do you think? Here the medals:

- Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse ohne Schwerter am Beamtenband

- König Ludwig Kreuz 1916

- Ehrenkreuz für Kriegsteilnehmer ohne Schwerter

- Jubiläumsmedaille für die Bayerische Armee 1905

- Dienstauszeichnung für die Bayerische Armee in gold für 12 jährige Dienstzeit

- Treudienstehrenzeichen in Silber (25 Jahre)

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

Hello Claudio,

it isn't the Beamtenband, it's the normal civilian ribbon. There is only one problem - only 1. and 2. classes had been awarded in front of WW1 an the civilian ribbon.........

Werner

Comment

Werner,

You're completely right... yes, it is a Friendensband.... (just white and blue) not a Beamten band (white, blue and a thick black stripe in the middle).

If I understood you well then, 3rd class MVK were never awarded with the Friedensband?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

I've seen MVK3s M1913 on peacetime ribbon, but always loose, never mounted like this bar.

Too bad it is so dirty, because that certainly looks like an original bar. The MVK is certainly the never had swords type, from the way the curlicued suspension is cut out.

I have seen a lot of ALTERED wartime ones, swords removed, trying to make the scarcer pre-war awards, but the suspension hole shape can't really be retro-changed from one with to without swords.

This is a very interesting medal bar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X