Ribbon bar with Venezuela bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar with Venezuela bar

How possible is this and what was the Venezuela Colonial bar awarded for? What action(s)?

Erich Craciun
    Attached Files

A very desirable bar

That medal is the Colonial Medal and the bar should read
    'Venezuela 1902/03'. . . I know not the circumstances, just the medal

I believe it is most likely to a Naval recipient or Schutztruppe.

Rick L will know

Comment

Woof woof awoooooo!!! I hope that one has my name on it in your Will! I "need" a mini-Colonial bar to "complete" my China and Southwest Africa ribbon bars minis "set."

Copying to Imperial!

This was for an international naval blockade attempting to force Venezuela to cough up on international debt owed. Coastal forts fired back and forth on the flotilla, and international troops were landed. Do a search on "Venezuela" in Imperial Forum for more examples, full size on medal bar, etc.

The Austro-Hungarian MMC wreath shows this fellow was an officer in WW1, but absence of any long service award indicates he must have been a fairly inactive naval Reservist before 1914.

The "Crew" of 1902, first semester officer cadets were by pure coincidence assigned to the SMS "Charlotte" then engaged in what was to have been normal warm waters sail training. Instead, they joined the blockade with more businesslike warships!

Poor Venezuela is right back where she was 100 years ago!

Comment

interestingly....

Edmund Morris (for the record a Nimitz class jerk in my opinion) was on C-Span's booknotes last night discussing "Theodore Rex". he mentioned the whole story about the incident (and the subsequent cover up)-Fascinating stuff and very,very rare.
        Would you ever consider parting with it? I believe the last person to show us something this Rickworthy had Ninja-gnomes sicced on him.
        Good stuff!

Comment

Hey Erich-- was that the flapping of circling vultures' wings I heard?

Or the soft pitter-pat of reebon barz ghouls' drooling?

Please don't "judge" us... we can't help it. Really!

Comment

<marquee behavior>AAAIIIEEEEE!!!!!! </marquee>

It has just been brought to my incredulous attention that this Little Beauty is being offered for sale by an Escaped Asylum Inmate at....

Three hundred and eighty Euros. Yes! Right! €380!!!

Are those Tobacco Lawsuit Lawyers collecting ribbon bars now???

Comment

So Ricky!

How many driveways and sidewalks does that work out to? To shovel snow off of, that is!

Better get cracking!!

Comment

Mah momma din't raise no Crazy Boy!

Comment

Correct - it is for sale. What too expensive??

Comment

£250? Expensive? I should say so. Oh boys, boys, boys...

Comment

I remember when matching MEDAL bars went for that...

In Ricky's Interior World, ribbon bars are still $2 per ribbon, $5 for ordinary 3 bars. I know, I know.

For this kind of money, I would expect something in the Real Celebrity category. The most expensive ribbon bar I've ever been fool enough to buy was the one and only original SS runes one shown in the Article. Thought the price was nuts when I declined it years ago, thought the same price was STILL nuts when I got first dibs on it again a while back, but decided I "had" to have it for the only such device I've seen in 35 years. And no, boils and germs, it was nowhere near €340, though it had three digits and the first one was not a "1."

BTW, I've been through the navy and find no apparent match. Probably a Sea Cadet who got seasick and switched over to army reserves. A lot of that did go on, and vice versa.

Comment

hy,
                        i've seen it too, but i thougt it's to much, too.
                        and it's note a bar you could say about it's so superb.
                        because the clasp is the best on it. and no other things near you really miss in the collection.
                        but i'm interested in which range you see it?

but after all really lovely

chears christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X