Odd Imperial ribbon bar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Imperial ribbon bar....

That came in the mail today! Ribbon are nothing fancy--EKII and what looks to be a Charlottnkreuz. Strange thing to me is the back. Never seen one with three hook as well as the pin. At first thought maybe a medal bar without medals, but they would really be close and why three pins. Thought I would post and see whay everyone else thinks. Mike
    Attached Files

Is that the size of a normal ribbon bar height, with 25mm or 30mm full size wide ribbons? I'd say somebody used a metal plate for a 3 MINIS bar to make the 2 ribbon bar!

Comment

Humm--didn't think about that--the bar is 3/4 x 2 (not up on the MM stuff!) Thanks, Mike

Comment

Yup! Somebody was in a lunch/break/end of shift rush and used the wrong part!!!

Seriously though, I find a fair number of Imperial ribbon bars made "upside down" for instance-- maybe being dyslexic is what kept the worker out of the army!

Comment

The pins are not upside down--I just took the picture that way. They could hold mini medals. Wonder what the third medal would have been. Mike

Comment

NOT yours! Yours isn't upside down! And there WASN'T any 3rd medal-- the assembler used the wrong metal backing!

Here's one that was put together by an inattentive worker looking down at their lap. Instead of the catch being on the armpit side with the opening down, to be worn with the ribbons facing correctly, it has the catch to the breastbone and the opening UP--
            Attached Files

Comment

Worn with the pin facing the normal way would look like this
              Attached Files

Comment

because it was sewn on the metal backing upside down. It should look like this, of course
                Attached Files

Comment

Well-one for you photo files! Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X