Hello, this is a hamburg infantry badge I got today.Thanks for looking,MIKE
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice original. The proper name is "Deutsches Feldehrenzeichen", like mentioned on the reverse.

There are fakes out there of this badge:
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Gerd,this badge really caught my eye,I just called it an infantry badge because of the soldier on the front. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd Becker
            Nice original. The proper name is "Deutsches Feldehrenzeichen", like mentioned on the reverse.

There are fakes out there of this badge:
            Hi Gerd
            Is the picture you show a fake? I assume it is because of the hinge set up
            Thanks
            andy

Comment

Originally posted by andy19
              Hi Gerd
              Is the picture you show a fake? I assume it is because of the hinge set up
              Thanks
              andy
              Hi Andy,

it is from a website, where you can buy reproductions, so technically its not a fake but a repro (although i have seen them sold as real on ebay, how surprising ) I will try to find the link and post it later.

But you are right, if you compare the hinge-setup to a good one, you see the difference easily. I havenĀ“t compared them in hand yet, but i am sure, there are more differences. Maybe (i hope not) one of the members has on of these and can post good scans here.

Mike, no problem. This badge was an non-official badge during the Weimar Republic and could be aquired from Soldiers, who had service in WW 2 and came from Hamburg area, i guess. Maybe someone can correct me or add some information.

best,
              Gerd

Comment

Made illegal in November 1935 by the "commemoratives ban", I have only ever seen it worn in photos by SS men oddly enough.
                See here:
                http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...ldehrenzeichen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X