Imperial/TR medal bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial/TR medal bars

Thought I'd like to share a couple of nice combined Imperial/TR medal bars I recently aquired.
    Hope you enjoy them.
    Garth

Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful bars Garth I really love the one with the China service. He had to be a old man

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wainwrigh
        Beautiful bars Garth I really love the one with the China service. He had to be a old man
        Chris,
        You're probably right. His WW2 KvK 2nd is without swords indicating a civil award.
        Garth

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
          Chris,
          You're probably right. His WW2 KvK 2nd is without swords indicating a civil award.
          Garth
          That is an awesome and rarely seen medal on a bar... especially a TR bar!

I too like it a lot!

Best regards
          Paul

Comment

Both are very nice bars. Interesting to see the medal of the Red Eagle Order on the first bar.

Comment

The RAOM Bar?

Hi Garth, the bars look beautiful... the only thing I am wondering is the RAOM is a strictly "other ranks" awards and that's an officer's 25-Year Long Service Cross??

Comment

no problem with the bar and the awards, I think it was a naval soldier, they often got the medal of the RAO, and he was in service 1897, in China and still or again in ww1. Service years during war counted double, he had two wars, maybe 6-7years... if he got a Feldwebelleutnant or Offiziersstellvertreter in later years he could get the 25y service cross 1.class for officers - normal way

Heiko

PS: nice bar, I can hear it asking to become part of my collection...

Comment

Here is my China to WW2 with a KVK2X! I know this guy was not on the front line but I like it!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Garth,
                    can you confirm that the first one is on blue backing?

Regards
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by webr55
                      Garth,
                      can you confirm that the first one is on blue backing?

Regards
                      Chris
                      Chris,
                      The backing on the medal bar is black. Why?
                      Garth

Comment

Navy medal bars most of the time have a black or dark blue backing.

Comment

If navy, the first bar MIGHT be traceable.
                          I think this is a former Deckoffizier who got promoted to officer during WW1. However, I can't find him in the 1918 navy RL.
                          What I have is a list of 12 suspects from the prewar Deckoffiziere list... hm, I think we now need the master on this one!

Regards
                          Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X