early career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early career

Of Louis von Müldner, I know only his career as an enlisted officer (so from SLt upwards) of his brother, I also have his early career. I am looking for the same data of Louis Alfred Carl Oscar Müldner von Mülnheim. He was an SLt in Jägerbataillon Nr 7. I am assuming his career started there.

His data sofar

* 20.7.1897 Leutnant (Patent 20.07. 1897 Q5q) Westfälisches Jägerbataillon Nr. 7
    Bückeburg (1900: 1. / Kompanie)
    * 11.9.1907 Oberleutnant und Regimentsadjutant 4. Garde-Regiment zu
    Fuß, Berlin
    * 20.7.1912 Hauptmann, Adjutant 4. Garde-Infanterie-Brigade,
    Berlin, so auch 1914.
    * 27.1.1917Major in the General Staff of the V. Army (Deutscher Kronprinz)
    persönlicher Adjudant des Deutschen Kronprinzen (as replacement for
    Hauptmann Max Edler von der Planitz, who fell end 1916 as an officer of
    a Regiment (the 116 Infanterie-Regiment Grossherzog von Hessen)

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks

David

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...von+M%FClnheim

Guard

I suddenly saw something odd: why would his brother be able to start his career as an Avantegeur in the K. Alexander Garde Grenadier Nr1 (see link) and Louis just in an ordinary Jägerbataillon. And why his change to the guard brigade as a Leutnant in 1907?

Hope you can help me out here

Thanks

David

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...von+M%FClnheim[/QUOTE]

Comment

No mystery

Hi David,

I don't see anything unusual in Louis Müldner von Mülnheim choosing to enter Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 7. This battalion it would appear was a very choice unit indeed with a largely aristocratic officer corps. In 1897, the year in which Louis was commissioned, of the 27 officers (excluding the medical officer and the paymaster) listed, only two were non noble!

The "Chef" was the Fürst zu Schaumburg-Lippe and two Princes of Schaumburg-Lippe were à la suite. The commanding officer (Rudolf Graf von Bülow) - and one other officer was a Count with a further 7 Barons (Freiherren) on the books! Graf von Bülow himself had just left the Kaiser Franz Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 2 to assume his new command.

Regards
      Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn

Ah....so it was a very noble bataillon anyway ...any chance with the career data?

Thanks!

Comment

David,

I'm doing a very large chapter on a number of issues but transferring between regiments as an officer was no huge deal. Transfering armies was bigger. You could easily be a OYV in one regiment and serve in another. It had to do with your acceptance by that unit's mess.

7th Jäger was a choice unit.

Here is an excerpt from my latest gibberish:

Officers were also posted to the minor kingdom armies and into the Prussian army without having their commission transferred. Interestingly the transferred officer wore the uniform of the officer corps to which he was attached. Records from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Wurttemberg</st1:country-region> show that 1914, 6 generals, 24 staff officers, 28 captains, and 20 lieutenants were posted from <st1:country-region w:st="on">Wurttemberg</st1:country-region> to <ST1<st1:country-region w:st="on">Prussia</st1:country-region></ST1. Likewise three general's 15 staff officers, 19 captains were posted from <st1:country-region w:st="on">Prussia</st1:country-region> to the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1Wurttemberg</ST1</st1:country-region> army. There was actually something called the Bebenhausener Konvention which guaranteed equal promotion possibilities for officers from the <ST1<st1:country-region w:st="on">Wurttemberg </st1:country-region></ST1army and the Prussian army.

Comment

Louis Müldner von Mülnheim

David,

not a great deal to add to what you already have. He was with the Westfälisches Jägerbataillon Nr. 7 from 1897 until his assignment to the 4. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß. He attended the course at the Kriegsakademie from 1904-1907 prior to his posting to the 4. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß. He was initially assigned to the 3rd Company, taking up the appointment as Regimental Adjutant in 1908/1909. He remained as Regimental Adjutant until assigned to the headquarters of the 4. Garde-Infanterie-Brigade.

Regards
            Glenn

Comment

Thanks a lot both of you...

I checked the data from George and saw it was derived from the Stammlist of the 76IR, would such a thin exist for the 7JB as well?

David M

Comment

Stammliste

Originally posted by David Müldner
                I checked the data from George and saw it was derived from the Stammlist of the 76IR, would such a thin exist for the 7JB as well?

David M
                David,

yes, but the Stammliste for this unit was published in 1892 and would therefore not include Louis.

Regards
                Glenn

Comment

I see....what about the Stammliste for the 4th Guard on foot?

Originally posted by Glenn2438
                  David,

yes, but the Stammliste for this unit was published in 1892 and would therefore not include Louis.

Regards
                  Glenn

Comment

Stammliste

Originally posted by David Müldner
                    I see....what about the Stammliste for the 4th Guard on foot?
                    David,

one was published in 1905 but a supplementary volume was also published in 1910. They are unfortunately rather rare!

Regards
                    Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X