Amazing, a prinzen size PlM.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing, a prinzen size PlM.....

...I guess everybody can learn new things every day. I just found this beautifull prinzen size PlM on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13965&item=6532819 535&rd=1

The seller says, quote: "This is a really nice and rarely found example of an Imperial German Blue max"Pour le Merite", in prinzen size. This piece was issued for wear with the "walking out" dress tunic. 1 3/8" (45 mm) wide medal is stamped "935 W" (silver content) near the suspension ring. The suspension wire itself is marked "800". Complete with a very nice ribbon of silver wire woven into black silk."

They were really close to the mandatory 938 marking when they made it. So close !!!!
    Attached Files

I've seen a number of these in the last year or two - but curiously never before that. I wonder why that is?

I guess the royal princes had to wear so many neck decorations on their walking out tunics, that prinzen sized examples were required to fit them all.

Tim
    "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

You guys........

........ are killing me on this one!

Comment

Prinzin PLM

OK, I'll ask the obvious. I've never seen nor heard of one, but I'm no expert. Is there ANY historical evidence that such a piece was made and/or awarded?

Comment

I think Der Rittmeister sold one of these once a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by RichW.
            OK, I'll ask the obvious. I've never seen nor heard of one, but I'm no expert. Is there ANY historical evidence that such a piece was made and/or awarded?
            In a word... no.
            "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

--------------
              Last edited by Tim Tezer; 02-12-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

But Tim...

.. he's a "dealer-God"....

Comment

I think this would make an excellent key chain hanger!

Comment

An excellent key chain hanger. Good one . Or attached to a display case of Prussian Orders. Or a hat pin. If I could find out where they are made I'd order ten of them. A watch fob perhaps, or the clip at the end of my baby daughters binky.
                    Since it is a Prinzen, at 15 months-old our little peach might look good even wearing it.
                    SP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X